We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal beach resort

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Akumal beach resort

Hi, i am counting down the days. We arrive at ABR on April 11th.

I am reading the posts and I am getting worried. I am sure the beds and rooms will be fine.

We are in Bldg 7.

I am worried about the wine - that is all i drink. Maybe i will have to buy some good wine.

I am worried about the construction and I am worried about having a spot to lay in the sun.

I have been to Akulum before and stayed at a different resort but this is the first time my husband has been to Mexico and its his birthday! I just hope everything will be fine.

We are happy it will be quiet and we just want to snorkel and walk the beach and lay in the sun. We are not there to eat but i am glad there is fresh fruit, veg and fish. = Lori

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,082 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Akumal beach resort

You will have a great time

Red wine is not bad as in many resorts (as one friend said, you will put up with it a few days, then think its not bad, and at the end of the trip claim its really good)

White wine, not great - we bring those Rabbit 1 litre containers and have Wilbert or Thomas put it in their bar fridge for us

No construction has started and bldg. 7 is very quiet (away from it all) - lots of spare palapas in front of bldg. 7

Let me know what else I can help you with (been to ABR a few times)

Edited: 23 March 2013, 15:50
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akumal beach resort

Thanks for the reply. I only drink red so - i am sure it will be fine. great news about the palapas in front of bldg 7 - thanks so much. I am trying to get birthday reservations at Lol Ha (the romantic dinner theme they have)

but I am not getting an answer via email and I just called today. Maybe I will call again next week.

thanks for the info - I feel better!

Lori

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Akumal beach resort

Hola LoriNS_Canada,

..."No construction has started and bldg. 7 is very quiet (away from it all) - lots of spare palapas in front of bldg. 7"... and hammocks.

ABR offers romantic dinner on the beach as well, email us at friends@akumalbeachresort.com

Thanks Vancouversundog for your help as usual.

Saludos

essex
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Akumal beach resort

I spent my birthday there last October and it really was superb ..ok the food is just ok but the location and snorkelling are fabulous . B 7 is right on the beach ...every morning you can watch the sun come up ..the pelicans dive ..I could go on ..

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Akumal beach resort

Thank you very much!

Lori and Daniel ( birthday boy)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Akumal beach resort

Hi, oh nice. Thanks so much. We are not there for the food - but for the beach so I think

this is perfect place! can't wait!

Calgary
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Akumal beach resort

I had some red wine when we were there in October, it was the house wine so nothing special. I will admit the first glass or two was rough but then it started to taste like grape juice and went down much smoother.

If you are unable to get a hold of the Lol Ha we had an anniversary dinner on the beach through ABR that was absolutely delicious, and if we ever go back we will do that for sure. Just make sure you have bug spray, as the sun went down our ankles got bit a little. They also made a custom cake for a birthday for one of our friends while we were there too. I have pictures of the dinner and can give you more detail if you would like.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Akumal beach resort

Hi, thanks so much for you reply. bummer regarding the red wine. Bug spray packed - thank you. A custom cake for his birthday sounds awesome! Sure i would love to see pictures and have more details. thanks so much. Someone mentioned i should bring a Rabbit container - do you know what a Rabbit 1 Litre container is? and why I should have one? I think it was Vancouver sundog that mentioned it.

thanks!

Lori

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,082 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Akumal beach resort

http://www.frenchrabbit.com/

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Akumal beach resort

love it! I dont think we have french rabbit in Halifax - very cool.

thanks!

L