We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand sirenis

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
grand sirenis

I would like to book the Grand Sirenis.....getting a good deal....HOWEVER, since it opens in June/July '06....there is no info on this place. Anybody know ANYTHING on this place?/?........help.......

Silver Spring
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1341. Re: grand sirenis

My wife and I and 3 boys, 6-12, are planning to go to GSMB in January 08 and had some questions.

We love to snorkel and wondered about the equipment there. Will they have equipment and vests for kids?

How difficult is it to get in buildings 18 and 19?

How is the kids' club?

Thanks

montreal
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1342. Re: grand sirenis

If your're going to the Mayan Beach side, you won't get buildings 1800 or 1900. They are on the Riviera side. Both sides are identical, just located one beside the other with Riviera being a closer to restaurants, theater, etc...

The dive shop will have vests for the children and snorkling equipment, but I think the time is restricted to 45 minutes of use per day. We brought our own equipment that we bought at Costco.

You will love the resort and our 9 year old loved it too! He also enjoyed the kids club very much. The staff there was very nice and trilingual. We are going back to the Grand Sirenis for the third time next December.

montreal
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1343. Re: grand sirenis

I forgot to mention that you should ask for buildings 2800 or 2900 third floor if you want an ocean view on the Mayan side...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,303 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1344. Re: grand sirenis

how much was the beer on the bus?

ontario
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1345. Re: grand sirenis

Hi, we are going in November to GS, first time to Mexico. We would like to know if there is internet access in the rooms, and if not what is the best option to call home (canada) from there. These questions are probaly already asked in one of the 135 pages but I do not have enough time to go all over them . thanks....

montreal
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1346. Re: grand sirenis

Yes, internet access is available in the room. Last time we were there (July) there was no charge for it. It's not wireless, you need some kind of cable, I forget the name. I can ask husband...

I'm not sure about the price of beer on board the shuttle from airport to resort. Cheap if I remember what other people said...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1347. Re: grand sirenis

Just got back on Saturday.....

Wired Internet in the room, $10.00 per hour or $50.00 Week Unlimited

You will need a Cat 5 Cable to connect. Most laptops will fit in the safe.

Beer on the bus was 2 for $5.Have a great trip

Ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1348. Re: grand sirenis

I know that the evening shows at all the All Inclusives are about the same - playing games like “Mr. & Mrs”. , and the "Miss Grand Sirens" maybe one big show per week what are they like at Grand Sirens ? Also do they do the English, French, German. Spanish etc announcements

1349. Re: grand sirenis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 18:18