We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancan airport

Manchester...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cancan airport

How expensive is it in canon airport for food and drinks? Sp far only thought about exit tax. What kind of food outlets. I only ask as Dalaman turkey airport is really expensive. Thanks in advance again.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancan airport

Cancun airport is VERY expensive for food and drinks, including bottled water. Duty free booze is fairly reasonable though (go figure!).

Exit tax is payable in pesos, sterling and Euros for sure. Someone recently (today) reported that they'll take US dollars (US$65) too. However, since they keep changing their mind on US dollars, I wouldn't count on that. No matter what, your least expensive option will be to pay it in pesos.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancan airport

Hi Michelle, yes Cancun airport is expensive to eat & drink, Bubba Gump is an experience lol, cigarettes I have found are the cheapest you can get, 800 approx peso's departure tax each, pay in peso's & get the change in Stirling.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancan airport

It has plenty of places to eat and its definitely cheaper than Turkish(£10 a slice of pizza, they all seem to be extortionate) and other European airports we have traveled from(Prague £1 a pint in city, £7 at airport).

Try the VIP lounge, we used it last time as our flight was delayed. They have small sandwiches, snacks and drinks all in for about £20.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancan airport

Starbucks has good deals. I got 2 big cheese and ham croissants for $6 USD each. Similar sandwiches at other spots were starting at $10 USD. The sandwiches were delicious!

windsor
Level Contributor
277 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancan airport

We ate at the Hamburger place (sorry forget the name) and the food was good, the prices were high but ok for an airport, we got 2 cheeseburger combos for about $20.00 no drink, they wanted extra for the drinks even though it was a combo, made no sense but the burger and french fries were quite good. The duty free had great prices on booze, I wish we had a bigger allowance through customs, we bought 40's of Bacardi reserve rum for $13.00US but could only buy 2 because we already had some other stuff. Next time I will buy all the liquor at the duty free.

Edited: 30 May 2013, 17:11
Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancan airport

We had breakfast at the chain restaurant that's NOT in the food court - I am drawing a blank on the name - I think maybe TGI Friday's? Anyway, breakfast for 3 was about $45 US In the food court, a small bottle of water was $4.00

Manchester...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancan airport

Thank you all. Neilnsarah how do I book vip in Mexico ? Sounds like the best plan.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancan airport

We just went up and paid. Check in, go through security then turn right and go up the escalator and it's just At the top. Thomson do pre book it at resorts too, you have to book three days before departure if you do it with them. Also try www.loungepass.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancan airport

We had Mexican food in the food court, 100 pesos for quesadilla, sauces and a drink (there were also burritos, tortas, tacos etc). A bottle of Evian on the other hand was 59 pesos - absurd! A beer from the convenience store was 65 pesos.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancan airport

I'm pretty sure that if there were a "Cancan" airport, it would be just across the way from you in Paris, no??

But having that out of the way, if it helps you at all - We always pack our own food, then sit down at one of the many tables in the food court, where we eat and people-watch.