We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

I'd like to visit Xel Ha while on my trip and staying at the Copa. 2 questions.. how much is a taxi one way? How difficult would it be to take the collectivo?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

We rarely use the cabs ourselves but the collectivo is easy.....You can catch them right outside the resort across the highway.....Tell them you want to go to xel-ha..

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

Its 5-10 minutes south of Bahia so a taxi should cost 120-150 pesos each way

Taxis are more expensive inside the resort so catch it by the entrance

You must cross the hwy to catch the colectivo going south

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

wow .. that was fast.. thanks. I know they have packages include transportation but I so hate being on a schedule while on vacation.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

Lesab, we actually booked this excursion from the guy at the Tulum pool for i believe it was $75 per person with transportation that picked up at the Tulum lobby. This was last year. Not sure how much entrance fee is but sounded like a good deal to us and like you we don't like to plan so was a spur of the moment thing at the end of our stay as we were getting a bit stir crazy.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

Booking the excursion through the lobby is the same price as the all day / all inclusive at the park, except it included your transportation. Fine enough, however when you are on a bus with 30 people, you have to wait for the other 30 people to go back to the resort. My wife and another couple split a cab back to the resort half way through the day for around $10 US. Should have just taken the cab in the first place. Would have been more expensive, but would have been more flexible for us.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

We stayed until 5 and found plenty to do. This park is close enough to the Bahia and no stops at other hotels so bus was fine for us. Just looked at their website and the price is normally $79 and right now there is a special for $71 (without transport). I believe it was $90+ with transportation.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

$19 pp for transportation ($90-71)

Cheaper to get your own taxi / colectivo and be on your own schedule

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

We just found that we did the river drifting snorkeling thing, saw the sights, ate some food and then at that point it was either spend more money for the non inclusive items, or go back to GBP and relax pool-side. We choose the latter.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

I'm with you all on the "on your own time'... I had been to Xel Ha once few years back and one of the things I hated (not the parks fault) was having to catch the transpo back at a certain time. Don't want to have to bring a watch and as said .. maybe dont' want to spend the whole day.

Thanks for the info.. I do see the online special but will just wait till I get there.

10. Re: Getting from GBP Coba to Xel ha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:16