We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One meal for a family

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
One meal for a family

We will be there for an afternoon and would like to go to lunch. We have 3 kids (10, 8 and 2). What would be a good, inexpensive, casual, on the beach type restaurant? I believe Buena Vida (or something like that) has been suggested in other threads?

Mentioned in this post
La Buena Vida
La Buena Vida
3,477 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One meal for a family

La Buena Vida is on Half Moon Bay - which can be a long walk with little ones in tow. If you have a car that would be a great place. If your on Akumal Bay the only water front would be Lol-Ha. If you don't mind getting away from the water and are more concerned about price than view, try Imeldas or the locheria.

Mentioned in this post
La Buena Vida
La Buena Vida
3,477 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
461 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort
Akumal Bay Beach...
5,143 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One meal for a family

I recommend Lol-Ha. We were there in April and the food was excellent, as was the service and it's right on the beach. Also, I didn't find it nearly as expensive as I had expected, with it being on the beach. Definitely cheaper than the same meal on 5th Ave.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,002 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One meal for a family

If you are coming in by car or taxi, La Buena Vida is only a few more minutes - the crow's nest is great for kids)

However the water entry by Lol-Ha is much nicer

Mentioned in this post
La Buena Vida
La Buena Vida
3,477 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One meal for a family

Thanks all, I think it will be Lol Ha as we will not have a car, but will just be there to take the kiddies swimming with the turtles. This is one of those things in the mayan I have never done, so am excited as well:)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One meal for a family

Swimming with the turtles is AWESOME at Akumal Beach! There is SO much wildlife to see, you will have a great time. I suggest going in the morning when visibility is at it's best, work up an appetite, then enjoy a meal at Lolha - they open at 11am. It's not inexpensive but worth every penny for the location. Last November hubby and I ordered 2 margaritas, 2 bottles of beer, one order of fish tacos and one order of guacamole = $60USD. After your meal, you can take another swim, if you're up for it. This is a great way to make a day out of Akumal. We also bring our own snorkles and fins, which is a bit bulky to pack, but then we have them to use whenever we want.

Mentioned in this post
Akumal Beach
Akumal Beach
12,019 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
6. Re: One meal for a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:17