We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Secrets Resort

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
413 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
New Secrets Resort

Has anyone heard if Secrets is building a new resort , or perhaps taking over an existing resort in Akumal?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Secrets Resort

Some info here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k6…

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Secrets Resort

Thanks Roy, I didn't see that one. Answers my question ;)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Secrets Resort

They will also be managing a new property in Playa Mujeres starting in the winter of 2014

The building work is just about to begin

Calgary
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Secrets Resort

Does anyone know if they have started construction yet? If not do you know when they plan to start. We have booked a trip to ABR for last week in August. Our 1st trip to ABR. I have been wanting to go there for a while for the very reason that we are tired of huge resorts and wanted something smaller and more laid back. Sad to hear about the new resort.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Secrets Resort

I am also interested to know if anyone (Flip?) has a more recent update? The thread identified above stops in February. Thanks.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Secrets Resort

Hi

According to the new developments chart on their media website it will open in December 2016 and have 420 rooms so on that basis I would say they will not even have broken ground yet

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Secrets Resort

Thanks Flip, You know I'm a Secrets lover and always looking for something new. Booked Breathless for December, but I'm very interested in the Akumal area, but also loved EPM so, something else to look forward to!

8. Re: New Secrets Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:17