We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

My husband and I are going to go to Akumal in August and we are trying to decide between the Palladium Katenah with the Mayan Suite upgrade or the Bahia Principe Ka'an with the gardenview jaccuzzi upgrade.

We are torn between having the tranquility and luxury of the Ka'an or having the busier PK resort with the beach close by.

Any thoughts? Has anyone been to either or both?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

The Kantenah Mayan suites are in the best location on the resort (IMHO). Virtually steps to the best part of the beach. You can use all amenities at all four resorts (except Royal) including unlimited al cartes, (no reservations except for Japanese show table and Punta Emilia on the beach). The MS on K have recently been updated and are lovely. Stayed there twice recently. I think I should have a trip report or more or on here. Let me know if you have further questions I can help with.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

Thanks so much!

Anyone stayed at the Bahia Ka'an?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,809 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

Mayan Suite all the way! The outdoor shower, right on the best beach, adult only buildings, hammock on the patio, unlimited a la cartes and they are very romantic and very quiet. The buildings are really in an arc sort of at the end of the resort and it is a lovely spot. One of my favourite rooms I've ever stayed in anywhere and I've stayed in a lot of hotel rooms.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

Found my review tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499445-d295…

UK
Level Contributor
940 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

Hi,

Can only echo the thoughts of others here regarding the GP Kantenah Mayan suits. Hubby ans I were allocated suite 3407 in May and the location was absolutely fantastic. All we had to downs walk down a few wooden steps and you were already within touching distance of the coconut trees and white sand directly opposite the turtle hatchery.

Have fun choosing.

Noodles x

6. Re: Palladium Katenah OR Luxury Bahia Principe Ka'an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:17