We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We took the plunge and booked again!!

manchester
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
We took the plunge and booked again!!

I posted a while back asking for opinions on weather to book the grand palladium which we went to last year or to try the gran Bahia Sian Kaan which was an additional £600.

We noticed a great price through first choice for the palladium next May and so snapped it up!! Getting very excited already!! I really hope we have made the right decision in going to the same place twice. I can't wait to have a lovely meal at the a la cartes followed by a cocktail (or 2) in Hemmingways. A great way to wind down after a day in the Mexican sunshine!

Happy holidays everyone!! :-)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

Good for you. There is something comforting in knowing your environment. I have been to the Palladium so many times it seems like home. Going back in October with friends.

Now you have a countdown!

V1X
Melksham, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

I think its always better the devil you know.. there's always an element of worry when you book a holiday that you're going to like it there and then you read the reviews and there's always some negativity which plants a seed in your head.. stick with what you know you love,

I have a feeling we're going to be like this when we get back from GBP.. start the countdown, its good to have something to look forward to now the colder weather is on its way :(

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
604 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

I am already booked for the Palladium for next May also!!! Can't go wrong with the Palladium!!

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

You made the right chioce. If the price of the two had been similar I would have sugested booking at the Sian Ka'an , however , I don't think it is worth that much more than the Palladium.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
106 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

Will be booking the Palladium in February. Can't wait. Just wondering which is the best resort to book into.

I know that you can use all four of the facilities but which is the best. Looking for quiet area since we do not have any small children (for sleeping). White Sand/Riviera or Colonial/Kantaneh. Any comments or recommendations? Also White Sand/Riviera have more stars, why is that?

Thanks.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

I wouldn't pay attention to the stars. Either Kantenah at the north end or Riviera at the south end would be very quiet. Some have commented on how quiet the Riviera is but it is more remote. Colonial and White Sand are both more central. I would check prices and choose the best price.

manchester
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

Personally I would go for colonial. The rooms are in need of updating but the location is very central to the whole resort. If an nice room is more important than location, the Kantenah section is newly renovated. Personally I would go for the cheapest if room isn't high in your priorities. We spent most time at the adults only pools at both colonial and white sands sections so the colonial was a great location for each of these. In a resort this size out priority is location which is why we prefer colonial but it is each to their own. I don't recall seeing many children at all near the rooms. We didn't even see many adults even though it was pretty much full when we were there. It's such a huge place it never feels busy!

Emma

Edited: 10 September 2013, 20:57
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

Great choice. So some good prices for next year! May have to look at those. Would love to go back to Grand Palladium Kantenah or Coloinal. My 3rd trip is well overdue......

manchester
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

I have been keeping my eye on the prices for the past 4 months and recently the prices for the end of may have reduced by up to £500 per couple. In glad first choice have knocked the prices down, it's a shame that there is no competition in the UK for the Palladium. I'm surprised Thomas cook haven't started offering it, it's such a great hotel!

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We took the plunge and booked again!!

We also took the plunge today and booked Palladium for May next year with First Choice. Is our first time to Mexico. So excited even though it's 8 months away. Was going to go for a junior suite but it would have cost £840 more, so decided on the promo double room at good discount. Hope the room Is ok, has anyone stayed in promo standard room before, what are they like?! As is our first time thought better to have the extra money to spend on excursions!