We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Akumal

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in Akumal

Reviewing the shops at Akumal (from the Locogringo site). Can anyone tell me the type, quality and prices for art work and jewelery.

Also are the exchange rates good in the Akumal TSA exchange

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Akumal

There are only a few shops in Akumal. The Galleria has original items and is a bit pricey. There is a new shop which is a bright pink building on the right after the arches that had some nice items and decent prices. Then there are some shops and stands with the usual tourist things in the area of Turtle Bay Bakery and Lucy's Ice Cream shop.

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Akumal

Don't expect much shopping in Akumal. The Super Chomak is a general store with food, t-shirts, sundries, etc.., Their prices were better than the hotel (ABR). The couple of other shops were not my cup of tea - too pricey or too cheesy! You may need to make a trip to Playa for real shopping and bargaining. Some folks have mentioned Tulum for shopping. I've never been there - so don't know firsthand. I believe that would be a closer shopping destinatio from Akumal.

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Akumal

Don't expect much shopping in Akumal. The Super Chomak is a general store with food, t-shirts, sundries, etc.., Their prices were better than the hotel (ABR). The couple of other shops were not my cup of tea - too pricey or too cheesy! You may need to make a trip to Playa for real shopping and bargaining. Some folks have mentioned Tulum for shopping. I've never been there - so don't know firsthand. I believe that would be a closer shopping destinatio from Akumal.

4. Re: Shopping in Akumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 19:16