We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Buena Vida

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
La Buena Vida

In March will be staying more toward the playa del carmen area and maroma. I want to go to the restaurant La Buena Vida in Akumal. Where do you tell the public transportation van to drop off to get there? I think I heard that a taxi will take you right to the restaurant but the van drops you off on the high way somewhere and you have to walk there. Anyone else have done this and where is the drop off point .

michigan
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Buena Vida

We've done both, collective/walk and taxi. From the Sian Kaan, I think the taxi fare was around $300 pesos one way.

A collectivo will leave you off basically at the highway overpass. Tell them to let you off for Akumal beach. It is a approximately a 20-25 minute walk from there.

A taxi will take you to the door. Arrange a round trip, or the restaurant will most likely have to call for one to bring you back, as they don't really hang out that far in.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 18:31
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Buena Vida

Or better yet, spend the day and do Vancouver Sundog's awesome Akumal day!!

-Surf:)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Buena Vida

Check it here:

tripadvisor.com/…24307841

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
55 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Buena Vida

You may have to do the best of both and take a collectivo to Akumal and then grab a cab at the entrance ok Akumal to Buena Vida.. Its pretty far from the entrance, especially if you are thinking of going in the evening and you end up walking in the dark!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Buena Vida

renting a golf cart is much more fun than a taxi

michigan
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Buena Vida

Thank you everyone. You answered my question.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Buena Vida

Here is the golf cart tour in case you have trouble finding it

Here is SunDog's 5 star excursion to Akumal

Take a taxi /colectivo to Akumal

By the white arches, rent a golf cart for 4 hrs ($20) - the arches are a 5 minute walk from the Hwy

You may need to leave your DL

Rent your snorkel gear from the Dive shop for the day - you also get use of their lockers / showers

get directions and head to Yal-Ku lagoon for snorkelling $11us (in the morning between 830 - 11 am )

motor back to La Buena Vida (LBV ) for lunch / refreshments - walk the beach - snorkel in Half Moon Bay if calm - see all the coatis come out by LBV

head back to Akumal for more snorkeling / food / refreshments - hire a snorkel guide from the dive shop if you want to find the best with limited time

Watch the CEA film ' snorkel smart' - www.ceakumal.org

Snorkel maps, photos, and much more over in the Akumal Top Questions

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Buena Vida

Brilliant plan VSD , I plan to do this in march . Do the golf carts have keys ? , where do you park them at yal ku ?

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Buena Vida

The carts have keys and they come with a separate key to lock the steering wheel with a cable lock.

Parking is ample and easy at Yal Ku inside the gate at their parking lot. Parking is FREE!

If you find that the parking brake does not work, an appropriately-shaped coconut works just fine.

Edited: 17 October 2013, 20:46
Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Buena Vida

Thankyou !