We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sian kaan main pool closed

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
213 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Sian kaan main pool closed

For anyone about to come here the main pool is closed with maintenance work going on all day. My advice is to e mail hotel and make sure you are located no where near this area as the noise in the day is loud and they start early!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

When are they due to finish the maintenance? Is it for a few days?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

Thanks for the heads-up and advice! Hopefully they will be done by December, but if not I'll definitely ask to be away from the pool!

Rob

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
213 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

I doubt it's for a few days looks like weeks, possible months, but I will ask to see if anyone knows and post here. Also if you are getting a garden jacuzzi suite, check the jets before getting in. We got covered in hundreds of ants spewing out of the jets last night, not a pleasant experience!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

We always fill an in-room jacuzzi and let it run, then drain it and start with fresh water. The water that remains in the jets is remnants of the previous occupants bath...... Yuck!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

Sandinmy.... I go one further - I bring a dishwasher puck/gel pack and fill the tub with hat water, run it and wait till it is cleaned the next day.... It's a compulsion, but I feel better.

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
213 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

Yuck indeed! This jacuzzi is outside too so goodness knows what's living in the jets! In our case hundreds of ants!!

Leadville, CO
Level Contributor
742 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

Ants.... yuck!!! I'll be there the same time as Rob, so the construction is of interest to us too! Enjoy your stay... and let us know the wonderfuls and the goods!!! (There will be no other bads!)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,630 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

Most resorts do construction / pool maintenance in October - Low low season

Usually complete before the US Thanksgiving week

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

I love the diswashing idea to give it a good clean. I think I will do that on our upcoming trip.

Halifax, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sian kaan main pool closed

HI...many thanks for this post...arriving in two weeks and hopeful this will be complete though from your comments sounds unlikely. Would be very glad to hear any updates....