We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Akumal vs Tulum beaches and snorkelling

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Akumal vs Tulum beaches and snorkelling

Hi

I'm staying at GBP Coba in March and was wondering which is the quietest beach and has the best snorkelling?

Hanko, Finland
Level Contributor
154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Akumal vs Tulum beaches and snorkelling

Half Moon Bay beach in Akumal doesn't seem to be very busy and the snorkeling should be good, so I guess that is a good combination for you!

northeast
Level Contributor
296 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Akumal vs Tulum beaches and snorkelling

The sea is calmer at GBP Akumal than the choppy rocky waters at GBP Tullum. But a short taxi ride to Akumal Bay the snorkelling is perfect, but get there early 8am ish.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Akumal vs Tulum beaches and snorkelling

Half-Moon is a little "wilder" than Akumal. More corals, more choppy sea, etc. May not be best for novices going it alone first time. Read up on it.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,347 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Akumal vs Tulum beaches and snorkelling

I don't know if the OP even asked about Half Moon Bay (10 minutes away by car)

Bahia beaches are not known for good snorkeling. Try going north of the Bahia Tulum resort near the pier (in front of the Oasis Tulum resort)

Bahia Akumal is the nicest, thus the busiest and NOT QUIET

Walk 10 minutes south of the Akumal snack bar and find a deserted beach

5. Re: GBP Akumal vs Tulum beaches and snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19