We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

Happy to help if i can :)

cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

we did take a bottle with us but i'd usually drank mine by 8am being a sunworshipper haha, saw the cups being dipped in soapy water at the snack bars when it was busy, they still smelt of whatever drink had been in it and mouth marks on them etc, not the most hygenic. that was my concern with that. also if they could at least put the self serve water out early it would of helped. as it was we were waiting 2-3 hours for a drink in the morning, i worry about dehydration when im in the sun so try to get thru a good 3-4 litres a day :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,873 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

they can refill YOUR container, not theirs

I have a wide mouth water bottle.

I get them (or I) to fill it with ice, then water - even thermos (Bubba Keg) containers

stays nice and cold - NO plastic waste

cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

they couldn't refill it till 10am is my point, nor could I refill it myself. the option wasn't there.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,873 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

Strange. Not when I was there a few years ago

All bars / buffets had refill stations or the bartenders would refill your container

Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

lynznpete, when you finally got it straightened out and signed up for the premium internet, could you then use the wi-fi in your room? Regards,

stockport
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

Thanks for the wifi info I will buy for 7 days lynznpete

missouri
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

We are booked for Gran Bahia Tulum the last part of Dec. We have been there five times, but are concerned with the construction going on. Guess I'm wondering if it takes away from the beauty of the "main area" there ---we have friends going for the first time and want their experience to be wonderful. 1) Did you book dinners ahead with a specific email address? 2) How were the rooms --- any updates? 3) Just wondering what you liked about the Arlequin? 4) Did you snorkel on the property --- we have but have begun to notice a decline of fish THANKS for any info you can share.

18. Re: Just back from GBP Tulum, any questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 06:18