We returned back from GP yesterday. Stayed at the Royal adult only part, it was out 8th trip to this particular complex - stayed at all 4 other parts before and at the Royal *3 times.
I will be posting a full trip report so just some random notes for now:
- the weather was colder than usual by at least 2 degrees. We had a Norte outbreak for few days with the N or NE wind and it was colder but good for the snorkeling - less waves - and for the sailing hobby cat at the resort - easy to take off the to return back to the shore line;
- we did not get sick (Castro-intestinal infection is always a concern at the resorts and cruises);
- I would be confident to say that there are no sand fleas (no rotten grass on the beach and the beach topography with the elevation toward the suntanning area probably ensures that);
- it was raining on and off so lots of other insects around the sunset and sunrise time when you are inland by the palms and bushes in the shade so avoid being there as the sun gets down - move closer to the shore line;
- we had very few days when the sun was bright and open, it was 80 % of the overcast with about 20% of the sun and a few short showers, few heavy rains, and few shorter rains in between. We did not complain at all as I am trying to limit the use of the sunscreen and the overcast allowed us to swim without limits;
- the hotel was close to 100% full. They have more Russian people now, as their usual Egypt destination is out for now. They wake up early due to time difference and the beach is filled early, we had to go before 8 to be able to get a palapa for the shade.
Overall the trip was very enjoyable with the very good swimming and lots of live entertainment in the evenings.