We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Tulum Diamond Section renovated and worth the upgrade??

moncton
Level Contributor
279 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Tulum Diamond Section renovated and worth the upgrade??

Hey there

Heard that this section is one of the oldest sections of the Tulum. How are the rooms? I have heard they have been renovated. Are they fairly large rooms? oceanview?, closest to the beach? or seperate beach areas? seperate restaurants, seperate pools etc? Anyone tell me how it is now? Seen lots of post from a year or so ago, but nothing recent. They also may call this the Hacienda section???

Any help is good! Trying to book in the next few days from Moncton NB for FEB 2014

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond Section renovated and worth the upgrade??

Not sure about renovations, we were there in April 2013. The rooms are the same size as regular (ie regular rooms and suites are the same size respectively). You get a few more perks in your room, a private restaurant , pool and beach area. The private restaurant (Tequila) is great, right on the beach and a lot nicer for your breakfast and lunches. We found the main buffet had more of a cafeteria feel. See my review for a bit more information. The pool is smaller and not as noisy. The beach area is really not private, anyone uses it. You get a private small lobby with a bar too, though the bar was rarely staffed. You also get an extra a la carte reservation (make them by e mail). Was it worth it? In my opinion yes, if just for the private smaller restaurant. I believe with most packages you pay extra for the room safe, and with the upgrade you do not. We are going back February 13th, and have again paid for the upgrade. If you e mail the hotel, they will send you a map of the Hacienda-Diamond section. If you have a preference for where your room is, PM me and I will help.

2. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond Section renovated and worth the upgrade??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18