We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best for Baby

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best for Baby

Looking at Akumal or Riviera Maya area for two weeks AI. Can anyone suggest best hotels catering for babies? we will be taking our 9 month old.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,794 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best for Baby

The Palladium has a baby club. Staff there are wonderful and love children. They are also considering possibly offering family suites like they have in Punta Cana which caters to families with young children. When are you thinking of going?

Based on the fact that you will probably want to use a stroller check out Grand Palladium Kantenah or Colonial as they are easier to navigate. Guests at all four resorts can use all amenities including unlimited ala cartes at all four resorts.

Edited: 11 December 2013, 23:33
vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best for Baby

We have never been to the Palladium but it , along with the Barcello is on our to do next time list. Have been to the Bahia twice , lots of folks with babies and toddlers there. The tram system makes getting around easy and fun.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best for Baby

My vote is for Grand Palladium, was there 3x, when my baby was 3 months and 14 months. Loved shade on beach and there is baby club, but I didn't used it. Found Kantenah and Colonial are more stroller-friendly, and one more thing, resort is huge .

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best for Baby

Thanks for the responses guys, a few options to check out there. We are looking at going out mid Feb - March. Ideally looking for resort offering baby facilities and room with easy access to pool, lounging area so mummy and daddy can take some sun time here and there. Plenty of dining options at top of the list, nightclub at the bottom of the list ;)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,794 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best for Baby

The Palladium is very kid friendly and lots of dining options, lots of shade. As I mentioned unlimited ala cartes with no reservations (I can send you some menus) (except for Puna Emilia seafood and Sumptuori show table). Suggest looking a a Jr suite in Colonial or Kanenah which are closer to the beach and main pools. While Kantenah has the best beach Colonial is a little easier to navigate with a stroller..The baby club is located near he main pool which he two resorts share.

The Palladium also offers babysitting services for $10 per hour (in your room) which I have heard good things about.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 21:45
Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best for Baby

Another vote for Grand Palladium here. It is a great resort. The only thing it is a big resort so if you go bring a stroller, it will be easier at the airport as well. If you want a small resort, consider Catalonia Playa Maroma, but there is less restaurants selection at the food at the buffet is not that good as at the GP.

I would not go to Barcelo or Bahia with the kids - they now have these cruel dolphin pools attractions at the resorts that I would not allow my kids to participate in and it would have been to complicated to explain to the kid why we would avoid the activity when other kids are participating.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best for Baby

Thank you, got the link for menus also. Cheers

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best for Baby

Anyone any views on Azul beach or Grand Sirenis Maya?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,738 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best for Baby

Olga it is very important thats parents DO explain to children why swimming with captive dolphins is wrong and why they will not be doing it.. and sorry , unless child is under 3 or 4 I could easily make it understood to child why we were not participating. What is so complicated about pointing at the dolphins and saying "poor things, they want to be free in the ocean with their friends".. even a pre schooler can understand that. And my experience with young kids ( have had three) is that they naturally seem repelled by the idea of being hurtful or cruel to animals.

I agree the Dolphin Tanks are disgusting but it really is up to us who see them that way to educate other tourists and our children.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,738 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best for Baby

PS Since Grand Sirenis is apparently getting a Dolphin pool thing I would cross them off the list. My ex stayed there and liked it very much, but it doesn't seem quite a family orientated as some resorts and its definately not as large.