We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Cadiz, Kentucky
13 posts
Save Topic
weather in water in September or October

How is the weather in Sep or October? Does the surf get rougher? We are planning to snorkel. Is it not as crowded these months? I was looking for a small resort in Akumal for just me and my husband. Like LAs Casitas Akumal, but we really don't need a villa that big and unless we can get a discount for September. Don't care for large resort type places. Is there any smaller resorts you could recommend under 125 per night? We don't really care for condos either, we like to meet and interact with other people.

Thanks again, now that I know not to stay in Tulum for snorkeling!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,526 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in water in September or October

Sept/Oct is still hurricane season so you may get some rain although not all days unless there is a tropical depression or other in the area.. It's very hot with low occupancy in most resorts (50%) so fairly quiet. I don't recall it being windy except once when there was a tropical depression off shore.Some resorts offer lower pricing during this period so check around.

Edited: 17 December 2013, 21:28
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,845 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in water in September or October

Welcome Deb to the Akumal forum

IN AKUMAL

Las Casita often gives 1/2 price discounts in Sep/Oct so monitor these

Hotel Akumal Caribe (hotel) is another option (includes a basic bfast)

Akumal Beach Resort is also on this bay and often has great specials at $160 or less a night and is AI

As for the weather / waves:

You get intense thunderstorms every few days that can last 30-90 minutes

A few days each month can give you very cloudy/rainy days

Tropical storm - all bets off for weather predictions

More info in Top Questions

Cadiz, Kentucky
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in water in September or October

Thanks Vancouversundog. My post was suppose to read weather AND water in Sep and Oct!! Thanks for the info. I'm still doing research. I found the golf courses too! Got to play once in every vacation spot. I may be back with more questions. The "top questions" section is very helpful also. I think we can spend a whole week there now.. come back on a different trip to Merida.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,845 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in water in September or October

I visit this area 3 times a year

Find something new every time

5. Re: weather in water in September or October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 06:18