We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge...
Level Contributor
64 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

My girlfriend and I are looking at either the Coba or the Tulum the first week of April. First of all, what is important to us is beach, food and decent bars. We are both 30 years old. Secondly, I was talking to a work friend who stayed at the Tulum I believe. He stated that if you stayed at one you had access to all 3 of the resorts. Can someone please verify this? Thanks for any help

Solon, Ohio, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

Coba is not directly on the beach yes you can use facilities of akumal tulum and coba resorts. There's a trolley to take you around

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
504 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

Take a look at the 'Top Questions' to the right side of the page.

It's one big resort, you simply choose in which one to sleep basically.

Lethbridge...
Level Contributor
64 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

Thanks Steve. I actually saw the side part after I posted this thank you for point it out

Georgetown, Ontario
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

Our very first visit, we stayed at Tulum. Pricier option than the other Akumal or Coba. We now stay @ Coba, since it is a much cheaper option... And we still have access to the other resorts.

Either way, you cannot go wrong with either option.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
944 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

We love the rooms at Coba and lake pool. And enjoy the walk down to the beach areas. The facilities are really nice on the Coba side ... anywhere at Bahia is great though. Next time I plan to sleep at Sian Kaan.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

I PM'd you Mack .

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

For couples I would recommend Sian Ka'an. Know it wasn't one of your options OP but had you considered it? You would get access to all 4 hotels plus drinks at the golf club.

Tirgu Mures, Romania
Level Contributor
51 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

Just because you mentioned you are a beach lover, please be aware that the beach of this complex is not your typical Carribean beach (sand is really coarse and not white) and the water depth, without crossing the wave barriers, is max 1.30m.

There are lots of good resorts with really great beaches in between Cancun and Tulum.

Should you read carrefully the reviews on TA, we will have a pretty accurate image of what to expect from GPB.

In a personal note, in between the 3 sister resorts I will choose Coba (I just returned from Akumal, after spending 2 weeks there). It's more lively!

And something also worth mentionning : should you enjoy eating / drinking ouside, the only options are the snack bars (but with very limited choices) and the 2 bars at the Hacienda (opened after 7.30 - 8 pm). Disco is also there... All other restaurants and bars within the Complex are inside (and smoke free, I should add). Also at the Hacienda, a Cuban band is performing every evening (except on Tuesdays when the Mexican Night is celebrated).

Enjoy your vacation wherever you choose to spend it!

Edited: 29 December 2013, 18:56
9. Re: Grand Bahia Principe...Which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17