We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
491 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

Can any one give me any tips about these suites? I did notice that you have to make reservations for one of the restaurants. How about getting around? Best restaurant? wine? Thanks, Jayme

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,119 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

There are nine ala .cartes. Punta Emilia seafood restaurant and the Japanese show table require reservations. The others do not - just arrive. There are trains and popmovils that go around the 4 resorts. There are clearly marked train stops or you can walk to a lobby for transportation. Wine is imported and very good.

I'll send you a tips for newbies list.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

I have to clarify something here.

Grand Palladium resort consist of 5 parts. 4 of them are family parts (Colonial, Kantanah, White Sands, Riviera), one is adult only (called Royal). The Royal cabana suites do not belong to White Sands or Riviera but to Royal - anything that has Royal in its name is at the Royal adult only part. It is a small intimate part of the resort, secluded and quiet. There are one lobby, two bars, one restaurant, one pool and one beach area that are located on the Royal territory that is off limits for the rest of the resort.

The confusion comes from the marketing and administration - Royal part is under the same management as the Riviera and White sands so when they are sold, some tour operators just sell it as their part. Some sell them separately as a Royal suites Yucatan resort. Trip Advisor even gave it a different address.

The guests staying at the Royal can use any alacarte restaurants around the complex in addition to their own quiet restaurant. They have a privilege to book the other restaurants so they do not have to wait when they get there. The other restaurants are located in the 4 big beautiful lobbies around the resort.

When we stay there, we do not book other restaurants as there is usually live music in the lobbies in the evening, there are few bars around so we just get in the line and go around to see what is happening.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,119 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

I guess I am a little confused as when I first rear this I assumed you were in the White Sand cabanas. The Royal cabanas re different as Olga pointed out. If you are in the Royal you will have additional privileges as to the guests in the White Sand, including access to the El Jardin restaurant..

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
491 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

thanks!!!

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
491 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

We are staying the the Riviera Royal Cabana Suite, it says the White Sand. So what do you think? Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,119 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

The Royal suites are called Royal suites Yucatan but initially were called Royal Riviera..The Royal suites are adults only and have additional privileges as was mentioned.. They also usually cost more than the White Sand cabana suites. Whom did you book with? Maybe they can clarify or when you are about a week prior to your departure you can email the resort for clarification. It sounds like you may be in the Royal suites.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

Yes, it is most probably going to be at the Royal - does it say adult only? Anyways, they can not be at the White Sands AND Riviera at the same time as these are two diff parts of the resort, just under the same management (White Sands+Riviera+Royal Yucatan). Usually anything that has Royal in the name of the room is located at the Royal part. Verify where you booked.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
491 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

thanks i will!!

9. Re: grand palladium white sands riviera royal cabana suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 06:18