We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Calgary
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling

Hi all,

Want to some snorkeling at Akumal. We have always snorkeled from our hotel in the past so have not run into this issue before...What do you do with your 'stuff' (towels, sunscreen, maybe a camera or whatever else you have with you when you take a bus to a beach) when there are only two of you? Is there any kind of lockers?(highly doubtful but thought I'd ask). I never leave home without my camera but I'm not about to leave it on the beach unattended...just curious.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

believe it or not , your "stuff" is pretty safe left on the beach in a beach bag. My camera is nothing special or expensive and I left it with my "stuff" , there are small lockers at the dive shop. I rented a vest there for snorkeling , and a locker for my Wallet and room key.

The turtles and rays in the shallow sandy area are great , but you have to go out to the reef. It is great out there. I could stay for hours , which is why i choose to wear a vest.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 06:43
Southern California
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

Yes you can rent lockers, I also just usually ask someone to watch my stuff but don't take a lot of stuff with me and only enough money for lunch, a drink and tips. Get there early snorkel groups start showing up about 10am although we did see one small group last year around 9:30 while having breakfast at Lol-Ha.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,503 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

LolHa also has lockers - more expensive

Here is a good thread on the same subject

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k6670…

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
715 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

If you go to the CEA Akumal building and rent your gear from them, they will keep your stuff for free

Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

Invest in a Kyss bag...greatest thing! Just google it.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling

Thanks all - ordered a Kyss today.

Mississauga Ontario
Level Contributor
192 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling

kyss bags-----------do they ship to Canada? did you buy medium or large? do you like it?

Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling

Yes, they ship to Canada. I like the large size. Great quality bag and I can't recommend it enough.

9. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2015, 05:16