We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Akumal Expansion

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Topic
More Akumal Expansion

Just saw this website / News article / Petition on the other forum

Please read and sign the petition if you see the need

I have also heard about a new road into Half Moon Bay from the hwy coming out around La Buena Vida

Time will tell

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Cardinal, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: More Akumal Expansion

I have signed it. So much of the natural world is being swallowed up by so called progress. To take away any of Akumal's natural beauty and replace it with another faceless resort, and a golf course, is downright criminal!! When I come down there in 35 days perhaps I should really make a point of taking in everything in case the unthinkable happens and it is not all there in the future. Thanks Sundog for bringing this to everybody's attention.

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Akumal Expansion

Signed and shared. Thanks VSD!

Valley Forge...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Akumal Expansion

Thanks for posting this VSD, bumping it back up

Chicagoish
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Akumal Expansion

I've signed it and I hope it helps. I'm planning my first trip to Akumal largely due to the natural beauty. It would be a shame for this area to be destroyed for tourism profit.

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Akumal Expansion

Is the article referring to the planned resort going in next to ABR, or are there plans for a second mega resort??? Either way it's sad.

6. Re: More Akumal Expansion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2017, 17:44
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More Akumal Expansion

Signed, let's keep this going. FYI - alex h, I personally do not go to the Akumal area to experience fast food!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: More Akumal Expansion

This is a much larger expansion, sad to say

see

www.paraisoakumal.com/in/home/home.html

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,454 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More Akumal Expansion

It is sad. But the government of this state will approve of anything with big money backers. They will not stop until the entire coastline is over developed. Then the visitors will move on because it will no longer be attractive to them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
173 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More Akumal Expansion

Signed. Going to Half Moon Bay in a couple of months - will it be our last quiet and peaceful stay in the Land of Turtles?.. so sad.