We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

Ajax, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

Hi, I'm traveling this Wed to the Tulum with a group of 8. I contacted the resort a few weeks back to request 3rd floor, ocean view rooms in block 40 (as advised by a few people on this forum).

I was confused when on the Guest Services Managers told me that block 40 is not in the Diamond/Hacienda section. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I've read several times on the forum that A la cartes can be booked in advance by email, but I was told by this same manager that this cannot be done and that all a la cartes must be booked once we arrive. So far guest services seems to be quite hit and miss... hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

If anyone has a contact name that I could use, it would be much appreciated. I've been dealing with Hugo (seems like a nice guy, but not being very helpful).

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

Hugo is a great guy , but I thought block 40 WAS hacienda section - I would make sure that he is looking at villa 40 and not villa four.

He is entirely correct about the a la carte bookings , you could book prior to arrival up to last week when a new system started. Now you book once you arrive via an ' app' that can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet , ( just search for bahia principe on AppStore)if you don't have one of these you can book in person at the public relations desk .

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

As far as I know, building 40 is in the Diamond section. If beach view is of importance, try building 34-35 instead, we are staying there next week and it is Diamond and beach view. They seem to change what is/is not in the Diamond section. As far as reservations go, they have switched to a new downloadable application (on their website). This may prove to be a major headache.

Ajax, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

Thanks George. I appreciate your feedback.

Looks like we may have to pack a little umbrella for next week eh? :(

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,711 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

ltravels - definitely let us know how you make out and which are now the Hacienda/Diamond rooms

Weather looks great next week

myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m…

Ajax, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

Thanks! I definitely will. Thanks for the weather forecast. Every weather website seems to say something completely different. The one you posted looks the best, so I choose to believe in that one!!!

Ajax, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

Thanks Damionsmum! I will definitely double check with Hugo about the room numbers. I am hoping they will take my requests into consideration but am well aware that there are no guarantees. Some resorts are better at honouring requests than others. Fingers crossed!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

Hi there,

Just wondering, Did they manage to accomodate you request?

Thanks

8. Re: GBP Tulum Diamond/Hacienda room location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 07:15