We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium questions

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Grand Palladium questions

My husband, myself and our 14 year old daughter will be at the Grand Palladium Kantenah in early March and I just have a few questions:

Will our daughter (who is 5'9") be allowed in the adult pool?

Are the pools warming up at all? I noticed some comments in January about how cold the pools are.

Anyone who is traveling from Canada with Air Transat can they tell me how the airport transfer was. Is it worth it to get the private transportation?

Thanks!

Edited: 13 February 2014, 23:06
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium questions

The adult pools have an age of 18. She will be allowed at El Rinconcito which is a small pool over on Kantenah for adults and children who are accompanied. She would probalby be bored at the adult pools. More things goign on at main pool on Colonial.

By March the pools should be warmer, especially the smaller pools.

Most people I know who go via AT get a private transfer. I myself use AGI but there are others in top questions.

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium questions

Thank you! I was asking about the adult pools because I thought they would be smaller therefore warmer.

Probably going to go with the private transfer.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium questions

El Rinconcito on the Kantenah side is smaller and very nice. She will be welcome there. It is about 4'11" deep.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium questions

As the previous poster explained, the Adult pools are 18 and older. Sometimes they are a quieter vibe but it depends on the group. You will get some honeymooners there, older adult groups that can be loud and I have seen some topless bathing at the adult pools.

The main pools have more activities and she'll probably be able to meet teens her age. That will be a plus with the teen activities that are offered at the Palladium.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium questions

I agree with Zeta that she'll probably enjoy the main pools more as there are activities there. Here is the webcam at El Rinconito.

http://200.79.225.97:8080/view/index.shtml

Thetford Mines
Level Contributor
749 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium questions

Most resorts have a different coloured bracelet to identify children below 18. As other posters have mentioned, the adult pool was very quiet when we were there. Between the Riviera/White Sand and the Colonial pool, the Colonial seemed more active for teens. Also best area to enter the ocean. We were there during March break and the pool temperature was fine.

7. Re: Grand Palladium questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 05:21