We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

I need your help and your advice.

I have a good price for Grand Palladium Kantenah, but my only concern is about the beach, it seems from the pictures I saw that there are lots of rocks and coral sediments. Is it possible to enter the water without stepping stones and hurt our feet?

We are beach people, so a good beach is a crucial factor.

This will be our 2nd time in Mexico (1st was at Iberostar Quetzal).

Thanks

Ana

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

There are some beautiful sections of the Kantenah beach. I have been there more than 20x and have never brought water shoes. I walk from Kantenah to the salt water pool and only need flip flops along the path to the salt water pool. Here is the live webcam

http://200.79.225.13:8080/view/index.shtml

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

…photobucket.com/user/…

…photobucket.com/albums/…ahhh_zps3ed1ae62.jpg

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

The beach is easily swimmable and you will not need water shoes. What is nice about the Palladium resorts is you have the best of both worlds, a swimmable beach with soft sand and another section of the beach with some good coral for snorkeling.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

Very comparable to beach at Quetzal...if not better! We love both but seemed to have more beach activities at Palladium.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

Sometimes there is a narrow band of broken coral pieces right at the edge of the water. It hasn't been there every trip for us and sometimes it will even change location and size on a daily basis. There is usually an area where you can enter without have to step on the coral.

Thus, it's not a bad idea to pack some water shoes just in case you need them. I haven't used mine our last few trips.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

Thought it was great. Very many places to go in with no water shoes including for my 10 and 7 and 2 year old. No worries. I haven't been to the Quetzal, but stayed next door at the Sandos and they were similar with the Palladium having more places to snorkel if you wanted to. You will be fine:)

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

Thanks for your replies.

The Palladium Kantenah beach seems better than I thought.

So the beach should not be a reason to exclude this hotel?

Just one more question. Are there palapas at the beach?

Ann

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

The beach offers the best of both worlds; some areas of soft white sand and some areas for snorkeling. Tons of shade from palapas and palm trees.

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
628 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

The beach at the Palladium is one of the best on the Riviera Maya. Plenty of sections for swimmers. Plenty for snorkelers. Great shade. The beach is actually a selling point of this resort for most.

UK
Level Contributor
887 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Kantenah beach

A lot depends on the weather and in particular if their has been any storms in the vicinity with regards to access to beaches. Last year we couldn't get into the water at all without waters shoes due to large waves and rocks that has obviously been churned up on the waters edge from the previous storms. My daughter has just sent me some pictures of the Beach at the Grand Bahia Principe Akumal and have to say that beach looks calm fantastic and very safe.

B.