We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes space

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes space

I was wondering why after repeatedly reading that there is insufficient space for clothes why this hasn't been addressed yet.

Is it true that there is limited hanging space and nowhere whatsoever to store all other clothes. I do take quite a lot with me :p

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes space

Places we have stayed usually have plenty of hanging space just not very many hangers. We just put multiple clothes on 1 hanger.

My understanding is they use open shelving because of the humidity. Sometimes there are some drawers in side tables & we put some things in the bathroom. So we manage to find a place for things. & we take a lot of clothes & dive gear.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes space

Thanks for the reply. I was specifically referring to GBP Sian Kaan. Doesn't even look like there is any open shelving though.

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes space

There is open shelving next to the bar to hang clothes on, can't find a pic, maybe someone will. We didn't have a problem we were there 9 nights and I take a good bit.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes space

Great. Thats good to know. Thanks.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,387 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes space

Always good to put the resort name in your subject line

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes space

Also, 1 drawer in each night table, and shelf beneath. We had a standard room.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes space

Here is a picture of the hanging side of the closet:

www.flickr.com/photos/strathcorob/6479337503/

and the "cube" side of the closet:

www.flickr.com/photos/strathcorob/6479338771/

This is from a Gardenview, and should be the same on a Junior Suite Superior and Penthouse, as they have the same floor layouts. It is probably a bit different on a Junior Suite.

As mentioned above, there are two end tables as well, each with a drawer and an open area below:

www.flickr.com/photos/strathcorob/5419975663/

and a bit more storage space (easily overlooked) in the kitchen area, here, right beside the fridge: www.flickr.com/photos/strathcorob/5419973661/

We've never had a problem with storage space, although we bring a few extra hangars and leave a few things in our suitcases, which we put on the table by the TV.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes space

I've yet to stay at a resort that doesn't provide extra hangers if you ask for them.

I appreciate that does you no good if there's insufficient hanging space but a couple of posts on this thread have mentioned a lack of hangers, so I thought I'd just mention that asking for extras is always an option.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes space

Great. Thats good to know. Thanks.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothes space

Thankyou all for the responses. There is actually more space than i thought so not so worried now :/)