We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium question

Boston...
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium question

How long is the ride from the airport to the GP?

When taking that transfer, how many hotels should we expect the van to stop at on the way to the GP?

Is there a good limo service that we could use instead of the van?

Can you take a helicopter from the airport to the GP?

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium question

About an hour with private transport. Have never used shared so not sure how many stops. I think they try to fill the share ones with people from the same general area. The 3 main resorts that I can think of are Gran Sirenis, Palladium and Gran Bahia. Palladium would be second in drop off and since Palladium and Gran. Bahia are huge, people from those 3 may be the only ones on that bus. But just guessing. I would check out Canada & USA private transports. Best prices and reliable service.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,568 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium question

How long is the ride from the airport to the GP?

Under an hour direct. 75-90 minutes for a small non direct bus/van. 90-120 minutes via big bus. What tour operator are you using??

When taking that transfer, how many hotels should we expect the van to stop at on the way to the GP?

Depends on your tour operator

Is there a good limo service that we could use instead of the van?

See top questions for a list - a few luxury (such as DreamsDay)

Can you take a helicopter from the airport to the GP?

Sorry

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium question

I believe Ann takes a helicopter.

new york
Level Contributor
421 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium question

I recommend USA Transfers. Very, very reliable. Used them numerous times.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium question

If your vacation package includes transfers they are usually shared. They usually stop at 3 or 4 resorts (you can ask the driver how many stops until your resort). Lomas Travel offers private, direct transfers: http://www.lomas-travel.com/ Expect direct transfer travel time to be about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic on 307. Private transfers are great for the return trip to the airport if you have a morning flight. I have heard of people being picked up at about 3 a.m. for an early flight with shared transfers. Hope that helps.

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium question

Magilla0U812.... 56 minutes to be exact if you use a direct transfer from AGI Tours. AGI is very reliable and will be waiting for you at the airport! My husband and I used a shared transfer once in our many travels and never again...you waste so much time waiting for others to board the bus, stopping at various hotels etc..not to mention that when our friends used a shared transfer the last time they were picked up 6 hours before their flight due to having to pick up other passengers on the way to the airport....our private transfer picked us up 3 hours prior.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium question

We had shared transfers via Apple - almost a 2 hour ride after dropping everyone off. I would definitely do a private transfer even if it's included in our package. We use Cancun transfers. Never had a problem with them.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,568 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium question

I thought the OP was asking for a Luxury / limo private transfer

Boston...
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium question

I am the OP and I did ask about a luxury limo transfer. I also asked how long it takes on a shared transfer and how long it takes on a normal private transfer. Lots of good feedback so far.

10. Re: Grand Palladium question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15