We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium seats on the dreamliner

North Wales, Uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Premium seats on the dreamliner

We have booked the Sian Ka'an with Thomson and last week we called them to change our seats to extra leg room seats which cost us £180. Today I received a call from Thomson offering me Premium seats at reduced cost as they had a special deal . The price quoted was £518 for both of us return on top of the £180 already paid for the extra leg room seats. I don't claim to be Einstein but even I can manage simple calculations. £518 and the £180 we've already paid comes to £698 which is exactly how much the premium seats are on this flight today and every other day. Doh!! Thomson must think their customers are stupid?

UK
Level Contributor
893 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

Sometimes those Premier seats are still available at check in , if they are and you won't pay what they want for them now.

B.

Edited: 31 March 2014, 21:23
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

Very much doubt if Premium seats will be available at check-in as the Mexico route is such a popular route that they will have all been sold before flight date.

Angie.

UK
Level Contributor
893 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

Tom 197 inbound from Cancun has some last year Angie.

B.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

We looked at premium seats for Mexico in May from Glasgow but they wanted well over £500 each, booked at late deal for 10 days in Sharm in January for £456 each which seemed a better deal. Also booked extra legroom seats for the Mexico flight which was £50 each extra on top of the pick your seat price.

Barry.

p.s. got to give Thomson some credit for the extra legroom seats, also booked them for the Sharm holiday and it's the first time I have enjoyed a flight to Egypt. I would guess that more extra legroom seats might impact on the sale of premium class.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

If you are on the Dreamliner, there is plenty of room.

UK
Level Contributor
893 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

Same thoughts here Barry mate. Those Extra legroom seats are spot on if you can get them,especially long Haul flight such as Cancun. My daughter and her fiancé recently went to Mexico on the Dreamliner and after checking in at Manchester were both offered legroom seats well below the normal price.

B.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

Well heres the tale, return flight 30th june waited until midnight sunday ---nothing ( just in case they opened early ) set alarm Monday31st/ early 01/04 tried logging in at 00.01 nothing and again at 00.05/ 00.10 nothing at 04.30 when I get up for work site allowing log in but not with Ipad so on main pc got in and surprise all premium showing full and all extra legroom showing full economy nothing showing booked must be first there as could choose anywhere!! ---- chose 15 H& J and booked .

Got to work rang to verify at 08.01am and confirmed booked however was then offered extra leg room as Quote" plenty of seats still available" so for total of £90 we upgraded and swopped to extra leg room and window seat . Looking on line tonight now showing all remaining Economy as "X"( full?) and 25 extra leg room seats still avail----weird settings as full this morning but now 25 showing free still .....

anyhow booked there and back same seatsand cannot wait

Thanks to Angie for all her help both to me and others as her comments and feedback on seats had helped tremendously

Edited: 01 April 2014, 20:28
Kent
Level Contributor
6,231 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

we went mexico on the dreamliner in economy seats and they were lovely and spacious and we are both tall with long legs and we still didn't hit the seats in front, they was doing the seats for £85 going in premium but they only had 1 left, when we got to mexico the reps were doing the seats in premium for £120 a couple but couldn't guarantee they would be together, we were quite happy in economy, as we don't eat the plane food and don't drink alcohol on the flight either

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

Hi anyone booked their seats and yet awaiting confirmation email ? I rang a couple of days ago and they confirmed seats were booked and said email p[roblems were causing delays to confirming

booked for flying out 20th June and yet now 18 days after making booking and no email ---anyone else in same position ? Angie do you know of problems with confirmation oh lady of all knowledge?....

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Premium seats on the dreamliner

Hi 50plus_12

As per my answer to you on the Air Travel forum yes Thomson are still having an issue catching up on sending confirmation emails out to their passengers concerning their pre booked seats.

If you are on Facebook PM Thomson Holidays and they will get an email sent out to you.

https://www.facebook.com/Thomsonholidays…

Angie.