We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

My agent insists that each section of GP is totally separate and one place has nothing to do with the other. For example, we are staying at White sands for the first part of our stay and then moving to Royal. I told her to mention that it is our 4th trip to GP and she said that White sands would consider us first timers as it is. a totally separate hotel. she also thought that they day we check out we would need to have someone drive our luggage out of white sands and another person drive it to Royal.That makes no sense to me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

Hi Coburg,

Firs of all 4th timers (even if you have stayed at the Royal) can usually get some reservations for ala cartes. (beyond those required for Punta Emilia and Sumptuori). As you probably know you and your family have full access to all parts of the complex while you are staying in White Sand.

Procedurally I would ask the White Sand desk staff if you actually have to check out (If so you can check out of White Sand the night before.) On the day you are moving to Royal I would call the front desk and ask them to send the Royal golf cart to pick you up at your White Sand room and take your luggage to the Royal. I have always found the Royal golf cart drivers more than accommodating.. .

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

I agree that the Royal golf cart drivers are amazing!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,622 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

Interesting response and good information. I didn´t know but was going to ask friends who often stay there.

You often can´t count on travel agents for accurate resort information. I worked for an airline and our biggest problem at checkin for international flights was from bad information or being given erroneous information by travel agents. . Always best to get the information from those who know, such as ann !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

The hotels all have different lobbies for check in so while they are all part of the same complex, you do check in and out of the specific hotel in which you are booked. I would think that you will have to check in and out of the White Sands and then check in and out of the Royal, because you are changing sections. There may be some cross referencing so perhaps check in at the Royal will be quick but I think perhaps this is what your travel agent was talking about, that each section is "totally separate". I don't think they will consider you first timers though, because staying anywhere on the property before this trip means that you are a repeat guest. That's the way I see it anyway.

And unless you want to drag your luggage from the White Sands to the Royal Yucatan, then you would need to call for a luggage pick up to get your belongings there.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

Thanks, she is used to other resorts that are more separate and doesn't understand the GP system.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

Oh and is the time to mention that I am a repeat visitor when i send in my room request or is there a special polcy for doing that?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

Hi, when you make your room request mention that. You will likely get a different colored bracelet which indicates to staff like Guest Services that you are a repeat visitor..

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

That is awesome. Will they allow us to make reservations for our entire group or just the ones who have come 4 times?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

I knew you were going to ask that! Doesn't hurt to try. You will need everyone's room numbers.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 23:01
10. Re: i think my travel agent is wrong about GP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:16