We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

Hi All,

Me and my wife are travelling to GBP early June, we are taking Pesos with us for Tips, Trips and spending money but wondered if any UK travellers knew if we can use our Switch debit bank cards to pay for anything while we are there just in case we run low on money?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,076 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

You can also bring your own currency as backup and exchange it at the front desk

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

We usually take a credit card rather than our debit card as there is a little more protection if anything happens but yes, you can use it. Make sure you check with your bank on charges though if you plan to withdraw money - mine charges an arm and a leg in fees!!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

Hi Mark

Cards are accepted in most places and if you withdraw money you'll find the exchange rate is very similiar to back home. I've been to the area on 4 previous trips and there are plenty of cash machines in Playa Del Carmen and when I've withdrawn money and done a rough calculation on the exchange I'd got in the UK I was normally only a pound or two out. Better than exchanging currency onsite.

Have a great time it's a great location. My wife and I will be at the Grand Bahia Akumal on the 11th June and you'll find all the Bahia hotels there use each others facilities A La Cartes

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

Hi all, thanks for your replies. Is there a ATM at the hotel where we could use our cards?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

Use the ATM at the hacienda! no charge, only from your bank at home.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

Thanks for the reply goagirl.

7. Re: UK Travellers to Grand bahia Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:16