We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport to and from GBP?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
transport to and from GBP?

Should we book this ahead or wing it?

My fiancee found some ranging from $130-$660 round trip private.

I would think nonprivate would take forever to arrive because of the stops? Or is it ok?4

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transport to and from GBP?

Been discussed very much on this forum. What more do you want to know (I see you have posted many times)

Private transfer will have you out of the airport in 10 minutes and at your resort in 1 hour

See top questions for lots more reviews

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transport to and from GBP?

I have posted about transport to GBP before?

Can you post a link, I don't remember asking

sorry.

Thanks

I guess I was hoping to hear that there is no need and there are buses that will have you drinking a cold beer and on your way for far less money.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 02:38
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transport to and from GBP?

where are these top questions at? When I search I find a thread about transportation that was closed in 2010, is everything the same as 2010 still?

Edited: 11 May 2014, 02:43
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transport to and from GBP?

Top Questions are on your left (not easily available from a mobile phone

Try this transportation thread with all the FAQs

Canada Transfers is one of the leading favorites but there are many other trusted companies

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k6931…

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport to and from GBP?

To the Bahia I would take a private transport with Canada Transfers. I just pulled up Sep. for an example and it was $117 roundtrip for 2 people. With a bus you just never know. You may stop 3 times on the way making it a 2 1/2 hour trip or everyone may be going to your resort one Dreams Tulum (further) and you will be first off (but pretty unlikely since the Bahia is a ways down the coast).

Totally worth a private transfer IMO and having used several, my favorite is Canada Transfers so far and you can preorder pop or beer for $1.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transport to and from GBP?

Sounds good, thanks guys

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: transport to and from GBP?

I have used USA Transfers countless times. Very, very reliable and at a fair price. If cash is short, a shared ride will get you there ... Albeit you have no way to know when. I think USA has shared rides, as well. Check them out.

8. Re: transport to and from GBP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:16