We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal or Coba?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Akumal or Coba?

I have read about the 3 resorts for Grand Bahia Principe. I love being close to the ocean - so would Akumal be the best? Is it worth it to pay extra for the golden club? Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Akumal or Coba?

Akumal is on the beach, I have stayed in akumal three times as I preferre the atmosphere there. Coba has water park section for young kids and was very packed when I was there last two weeks. For me Akumal has it all, beaches, pools etc, but to be honest wherever you chose you can use the facilities of the three resorts, Akumal, coba and tulu. Also you have the haciander for the shops, market and open air entertainment and night club. Wish I was still there xxx

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akumal or Coba?

We thought Club Golden was worth it the two times we stayed in Coba. Good room locations, private check in and out, private lobby. We'd book it again. We would also like to try the Akumal and Tulum sections, though had no problem getting to those sections from Coba.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Akumal or Coba?

Tulum is the oldest section. The ocean front Akumal rooms are great

I posted an in depth section differences over in Top Questions - or try this link

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5416…

4. Re: Akumal or Coba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 10:16