We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on a rainy day

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What to do on a rainy day

We will be arriving Monday on our first trip to Akumal. Tuesday looks like nothing but rain. Would that be a good day to visit the cenotes for snorkeling? We are renting a car. Anyone have any suggestions other than sitting in the room reading a book? I thought since the cenotes were "inside" it might be a good time to try it.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on a rainy day

I started a similar thread just a few days ago. This might be a good starting point for you. The weather has improved over the past 2 days. Not complete sunshine but it's certainly causing some sun burn through the clouds. We also haven't had any rain during the day for the past couple of days either :-)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k7…

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on a rainy day

Thank you! This was a big help. I'm sure we'll have a great time regardless of any weather.

Thorold
Level Contributor
786 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on a rainy day

I see shadows and people at the beach on the webcam...big improvement

manchester
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do on a rainy day

Definitely a big improvement. Although it hasn't been wall to wall sunshine the sun has been peeping through high light clouds. This means the temperature has been a couple of degrees less, much nicer to lie out in, no reason not to be in the pool/sea and you will still get a good tan!

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do on a rainy day

Explore is a great day out which can be done in the rain, did it in may had a great time being soakjed, lol. Also jungle expedition half day trip, includes swimming in conote, repelling into underwater cave, 4 by 4 experience having a very bumpy and fun ride through the jungle. As you have your swimsuits on for these trips the rain makes no difference as you get soaked either way. Enjoy your holiday xxx

6. Re: What to do on a rainy day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:16