We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prettiest beach?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Prettiest beach?

We will be staying at Sian Kaan 31st August for two weeks. I'd like to know where the prettiest beach is that we could get to by collectivo. Not too worried about fish or turtles, just clear water, white sand and pretty.

Any advice welcome.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prettiest beach?

The beach at the Tulum ruins is really pretty.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prettiest beach?

try the Tulum Beach Bar Crawl

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5170…

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prettiest beach?

Looks like a plan.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prettiest beach?

However Tulum beaches are not acceptable via colectivo

You need to take a colectivo to Tulum Pueblo (San Fran super market)

Then a short taxi to Tulum (100-150 pesos)

Akumal Beach is a short colectivo and a 5+ minute walkin from the Highway - smaller but nice beach / bay

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prettiest beach?

Akumal beach was on my list last year so maybe when I am back in August I will finally make the short trip. Rent a golf cart and spend the day.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prettiest beach?

The beach in Tulum is very pretty, and plenty of space for walking. The water is beautiful, and here the waves crash on the beach. But quite tame. A beach crawl is a lot of fun.

In Akumal proper the waves are tamed by the reef. And I find the beach gets a bit crowded. Further south from Lol Ha you get more wave action.

So it depends on what you're looking for in terms of scenery and experience. And, if you are looking for multiple spots to eat and drink.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,572 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Prettiest beach?

Here is a google beach walk of Akumal Bay

http://tinyurl.com/akumalbeachwalk3

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prettiest beach?

Thanks everyone.

9. Re: Prettiest beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 04:05
10. Re: Prettiest beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 04:05