We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Hi all,

I'm currently at GP and am visiting Xcaret tomorrow. I'm considering paying extra to do the shark interactive swim, has anybody ever done this as an extra at Xcaret or know anything about it, if it's worth doing ect, any reviews? Any thoughts/ advice before the morning would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

1st - these are Nurse Sharks - very docile - eat crustaceans.

They are night time (nocturnal) creatures

So to have these in captivity and "play" with them during the day is cruel imho

Please do your homework

Hull, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Do my homework? About what? I asked for views on the experience, not personal thoughts wheather or not someone thinks it to be cruel. The same could be said for lots of trips where animals are kept in captivity. So unless you have any comment relevant, please don't bother

austin
Level Contributor
320 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Quote..** I'm considering paying extra to do the shark interactive swim, has anybody ever done this as an extra at Xcaret or know anything about it, if it's worth doing ect, any reviews? Any thoughts/ advice before the morning would be greatly appreciated! Thanks**

Question asked, Question answered

Hull, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Do my homework? About what? I asked for views on the experience, not personal thoughts wheather or not someone thinks it to be cruel. The same could be said for lots of trips where animals are kept in captivity. So unless you have any comment relevant, please don't bother

I asked if anybody had reviews,I didn't expect or actually want to be chastised like a naughty child being told it was cruel by someone who is of that opinion.

.. So, not really relevant to the post.by the way, neither was your comment

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Why not swim with them in the wild out of Isla Mujeres?

I have not been to Xcaret and have no interest in visiting there.

You have been given good advice - sorry it was not what you wanted to hear and you are being a bit snotty at this point in time.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,572 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Sorry to have mentioned Do you homework - not called for

Here is an informative article

enchantedlearning.com/subjects/sharks/specie…

While I have enjoyed seeing them / observing them in the wild, some of these encounters mean handling them and not allowing them to rest during the day

But your choice

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
592 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Unlike the dolphin prisons, hopefully the nurse sharks have a chance of defending their selves and self correcting the problem

Florence, Alabama
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

Did you decide to swim with them? If so, what was it like? I will be there in two weeks and wanted to go swimming with the whale sharks in the ocean but my friends insist on going to the park and I don't want to do two different excursions.

9. Re: Xcaret shark interactive.....has anybody done this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 07:15