We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
119 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

We are booked for a junior suite at GB Sian Kaan. I have read conflicting reports about the difference between a junior suite and a junior suite superior. Yes, I have read all of the top questions and tips and haven't found a definite answer.

Can anyone that has stayed in a junior suite please advise. I believe I am understanding that the junior suite (not superior!) is simply a bed and a bathroom. No sofa bed, dining table or wet bar area. I would assume this is a small room. I am unsure of the balcony space on the junior suite either. We don't spend a ton of time in the room, but are going to be there for 11 days and are a little worried it might be too small.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

here is a thread from Rob - our resident expert on this resort on the differences

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k6920…

quote from Rob

Superior junior suites are on the second floor of the larger villas (Villas 1-9 and 16-20), sandwiched between the Garden Jacuzzi suites on the ground floor and the Penthouses on the third floor. They all have the same floorplan.

The other villas are smaller and have the regular junior suites on all three floors. The bottom floor has a small patio (no jacuzzi), the second floor has a small balcony, and the third floor a larger balcony.

Comparing the superior to the regular junior suites, the superior junior suites are larger, with a larger sofa and an eating area that the regular suites don't have. The superior junior suites also have a little more closet space. All in all not a large amount of difference.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 16:29
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
119 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

Yes, I have read this, and maybe it is just me, but I don't understand if the junior suites have a sofa bed, dining table or wet bar area at all. If not, to me this makes a huge difference so they would not be similar at all. The way I see it, the junior suite is simply a bed and a bathroom, nothing else. Is this correct?

I am maybe more basically asking - what are you getting extra by upgrading to a junior suite superior?

toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

its really not hard...

if the penthouse has the sofa bed and bar area and the floor plan for the superior and the penthouse are the same what do you think that means??

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,554 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

I believe it has a sofa

Here is another thread from Rob with some photos of the room

tripadvisor.ca/…47148575

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

"its really not hard...

if the penthouse has the sofa bed and bar area and the floor plan for the superior and the penthouse are the same what do you think that means?"

OP was asking about the difference between normal standard junior suite and superior junior suite.

OP, from what I can gather, normal junior suite has a sofa. Superior junior suite has sofa, bigger floor area and more wardrobe space than the standard suite. (I think!)

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
119 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

Thanks Vancouver and all other's who replied... This thread also has conflicting statements that add to my confusion.

“The Junior Suite is quite large. It is the same size as the Garden Suite or Penthouse Suite, but without the patio or deck and the Jacuzzi. It has a king size bed on the bedroom half of the room, and a dining table, coffee table, and sofa on the living side of the room. Here is a picture of a Garden Suite, although on the inside it is the same as a Junior Suite”

" I can most definately confirm that the regular junior suite - the smaller version WITHOUT the room divider does NOT HAVE A BALCONY - I know this as we were booked into this and had to upgrade because there was not enough room (too cramped) for 4 - 2 adults and 2 children (prior to becoming an adults only resort). I knew I would also go nuts without a balcony. It was also confirmed to us that ALL of the regular junior suites are the same - no balconies."

This info from the hotel has been the most helpful, however, it conflicts with Rob's post in the same thread saying a junior suite and penthouse suite are the same size:

“Deluxe or Junior Suite, regular rooms, located in buildings 10-15, 21-26 and 27-36 (size 34m2), they do have balcony with chais and table but not a lot bigger than the one from Junior Suite Superior.

Junior Suite Superior, bigger suites (same size as Penthouse and Garden Suites) but without terraze and jacuzzi, all are in second floor (middle floor), smaller balcony but nice living room, located in buildings 1-9 and 16-20 (size 56m2)

Garden Suite bigger suites with terraze and jacuzzi, all are in ground floor located in buildings 1-9 and 16-20 (size, not including terraze 56m2)

Penthouse Suite bigger suites with terraze and jacuzzi, all are in top floor located in buildings 1-9 and 16-20 (size, not including terraze 56m2)”

According to this, I am assuming superior suites are only on the middle floors of penthouse villas, so 1-9 and 16-20. And it is the SUPERIOR suites that are the same size and layout as penthouse and garden suites.Therefore there should be 56 superior rooms (4 per villa), 56 penthouse suites (4 per villa) and 56 garden suites (4 per villa). All other villas and rooms are standard junior suites - bottom, middle and top floors. So it is likely a large amount of people have stayed in standard junior suites.

There is still conflicting info though, so anyone that has stayed in one, please let us know!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

Have a look at the Bahia website to see if the info can help you.

bahia-principe.com/en/…anclaMenuSecciones

8. Re: GB Sian Kaan Junior Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16