We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club

We are considering either GBP Coba or Tulum for a week in October. I am able to play two rounds without green fee.

But I have read many reviews and the writers quote $30, 45, 65, and even 90 bucks for cart rental.

For one person - what is the cart fee?

Also, noone mentioned rental club prices. I might not want to schlep my clubs down for two rounds. What is that fee and what are the clubs like?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,505 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club

Top Questions thread on the golf course is here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k334…

Golf Course website is www.rivieramaya-golfclub.com

Golf club rentals are still $45 (may be cheaper to bring your own)

Bring at least a dozen balls

Live
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club

I emailed the golf course direct last week to check prices for when we visit in A ugust. Thet quoted me 65$ per person before 1 and 45$ per person after 1 for compulsory golf cart. The club hire is 45$ per round so I have booked to bring clubs with First C hoice for £25.

I also asked about offes as I had seen someone mention four rounds for the price of three but nothing like this available in August.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club

Newer posts say the cart fee is $90 pp for morning round plus $45 for rental clubs. I'll just stay on the beach and graze along the buffet longer.

Typical, they would have much happier visitors if they charged a reasonable rate.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club

October is low season. It will be $65 per person in the morning, $45 pp after 1pm. $90 is the spring break & Christmas rate. Rentals looked ok but not worth it to me. I always bring my clubs using them as my one free checked bag. Stuff your sun lotion & shaving kit in there, then carry on your clothes.

Bring at least a dozen balls, hat, lotion, bug spray, camera!, shoes, and most important: YOUR "A" GAME. Gotta hit the fairway or it's lost in the jungle or a cenote.

Play it. It's one of my faves in the area.

Fore,

SeaBass

5. Re: Golf Fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16