We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

Hello all,

I have seen lots of good food threads about these resorts on the forums, but some of the info seems quite old and some of the resturants mentioned are not longer at the resorts.

My main question is if there are good vegetarian options at the restaurants, and if there are particular restaurants you would reccomend for people who will want meatless dishes. (I am guessing Tortuga is out, ha ha.) Sometimes it really is hard to tell even from menus what places will be good for us--for example, at ERC last year I looked forward to a "cheese stuffed poblano pepper," only to find it came to my table with a little cheese and ton of beef cooked insdide! So Iw ould love to hear from people who have eaten around the Gran Bahia complex recently.

Also, I am wondering if there is a special coffee shop/cafe type area at any of the resorts, similar to Coco Cafe at Dreams Resorts? I can see from the photos that beautiful cappucinos are definitely served, but can't quite tell if they are just being brought to restaurant tables or if there is a place to hang out and have a mid-afternoon latte.

Third, for those who have stayed on the Sian Ka'an side, what sort of food is served at the "snack bar"?

Thanks!

Thanks so much!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,067 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

Here is a recent (Dec13) list of restaurants / menus - thanks to Rob and others

tripadvisor.ca/…54997635

From Rob's Sian Kaan tips on snack bars

there are two snack bars - the Cenote Snack Bar is by the active pool (it shares a kitchen with the Alux) and is open 7/24. The food is very similar to the other snack bars in the complex, although the ambiance is higher and there is wait staff that take your order for food and drink. During the day it has a small buffet (breakfast and lunch), and the rest of the time you can order off a menu board. The Sushi Bar is the only food service in the smaller loop of villas. It is open from 10AM to 6PM and serves a variety of sushi plus a drink service.

These are all noted in Top Questions as well for more info

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

Thank you very much!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,067 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

Rob will likely add much more detail and possibly have a snack bar menu photo as well

Fareham
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

Hiya. We're here now at the Sian kaan and I am vegetarian.

I have had no issues at all in the buffet here. Everything labelled and good choices each night. I haven't had chips once yet and it's day 8!

Breakfast,lunch and dinner all good so far.

Not used al a cartes yet but no worries about buffet or snack bar. Enjoy!

Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

I have stayed several times at this resort, and now own a condo on the grounds and eat at the restaurants from time to time. I am not a vegetarian, but there is at least one vegetarian option on most of the a la carte menus, and plenty of veggie options in the buffet.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

GP, glad to hear that your trip is going well, thanks for responding while on vacation! Enjoy it!

Med_lover, good to know that there is always an ala carte option, as we usually try to hit the sit-down restaurants at night. Thanks!

Edited: 12 July 2014, 03:19
7. Re: GBP and Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an food questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:17