We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,287 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Vancouversundog added some valuable info in a PDC thread about a day pass to Lol-Ha and chairs/pool info on LBVthat I haven't seen here so thought I'd add. Will easier for me to find in the future lol.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k763680…

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Thank you for the link, very helpful info about the Lol ha pass on it :-)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,417 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Than you WIBS - I was planning to start an FAQ, thus I asked HAC what their day pass program was

So to add more info

Day passes to the Akumal area gave you a number of choices

DIY: Bring your own towel, an umbrella, cooler and walk south after getting to Akumal Bay. Beach front is public. Cooler / beer / drinks / ice can be bought at the 2 stores in front of the Akumal white arches

DAY PASS to Akumal Beach Resort ($50 pp / kids under 5 is free / unsure of kids prices). This gives you unlimited use of the resort from 10 am to 6 pm (without a room). Walk up to ABR from the beach or drive to the resort . Day passes will be suspended from Sept-Dec 2014 while they remodel the resort

Lol-Ha (Hotel Akumal Caribe) has a day pass of its own. it's $500 Pesos per adult and $200 Pesos for kids. This includes Beach Chairs, towels, use of the restrooms, the Hotel's pool and parking and also includes a credit at the Lol-Ha Restaurant of $250 Pesos for Adults and $150 Pesos for kids. It includes the use of a bungalow from 9 am to 6 pm if available.

Otherwise lockers are 150 pesos at Lol-Ha / beach chairs about 85 pesos each (in a reserved area just north of the open Lol-Ha bar/restaurant.

Dive shops can rent you a locker but may reserve them for clients (e.g. tours / renting their equipment)

La Buena Vida also gives you use of its beach chairs and updated pool for anyone visiting their bar although the entry into the Half Moon Bay waters is rocky

Still a great place to snorkel away from the crowds on a calm day

Edited: 17 July 2014, 16:12
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,287 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Cool! Great info!

Hope it's ok to add what I'd saved...found menus (no prices though).

Lol-Ha menus

hotelakumalcaribe.com/dining/menus-for-downl…

La Buena Vida menus

labuenavidarestaurant.com/restaurant-menu/

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Lots of options, lovely. Can I just ask, Mr. Sundog :-) Do you know if a locker is included in the Lol ha day pass, or would that be on top of the 500 pesos, if no bungalow is available?

Edited: 17 July 2014, 17:46
fort worth
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Nice job amigo de canadia :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,417 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Info from HAC today

No, The Day Pass does not include the use of a Locker.

A locker would cost you $140 Pesos for 2 people and $20 Pesos per person to use our outdoor showers.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

Thank you :-)

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

They have outdoor showers now Sundog? For years they did not fix them after they were damaged in the hurricane one year, are they where they used to be, outside the restrooms behind Lol-Ha?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,417 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

If you buy the day pass, I assume they have showers there

If not, they now have showers in the same bldg as the washrooms & lockers

Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
732 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lol-Ha day pass info / La Buena Vida info

I'm sorry I missed this thread. I contacted Hotel Akumal Caribe and got conflicting information.

Here was my question to them regarding day passes:

"My girlfriend an I are traveling to Playa del Carmen in September, and would very much like to visit Akumal. I have been to Akumal many times, however she has never been. We would like to relax on the beach, snorkel, and swim. I asked a question on Trip Advisor, and was told we could rent beach chairs at Lol Ha. Is this true? Does your resort offer a "day pass" for people like us? Any help you can offer us would be great! "

"Here is the response I got from Hotel Akumal Caribe:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry to our hotel.

We don’t have a day pass.

You can have access to our pool by purchasing a bracelet for $8 per day per person.

You can also rent two beach chairs under a palapa for $350 pesos per day, and $50 will be returned to you when you leave.

I hope this works for you, anything else please let me know.

Thank You

Paula

Reservations

Tel:(915)584-3552"

Thoughts?

Edited: 04 August 2014, 18:11