We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate in Akumal

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stickney,IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate in Akumal

Does anyone know where to purchase near akumal don't mind driving to nearby towns but don't want to travel all the way to PDC, there used to be a store right outside of Tulum ruins by the ado station that has closed which was our to go spot. Thanks we leave on Sunday so your help is greatly appreciated

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,574 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate in Akumal

Great question and not asked often

Turtle Bay may have the best answer as they are fabulous for cakes

Perhaps email them and let us know the answer

turtlebaycafe.com/www.turtlebaycafe.com/Home…

Stickney,IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate in Akumal

Thanks I never thought of asking them! I will let everyone know what they respond.

Any other suggestions? Can you tell I am craving chocolate.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate in Akumal

I've brought a jar of Nutella from home or one purchased easily enough in Mexico for a melt free hit of chocolate . There are many cornerstores for familiar chocolate bars or Mexican ones to try although no great options stand out . There is a paleteria in the Pueblo with killer fruit paletas and some chocolate options and ice cream as well as Turtle bay's premium ice creams inside the arch in addition to the baking Sundog mentions .

Stickney,IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolate in Akumal

Mexi Arte sells yucatan chocolate and so does dolphin discovery in puerto Morelos! My hubby and I drove around this morning and discovered it however it's not made out of cacao but cacao butter (the white fat after the cacao bean simmers). I think we might have to make another trip to PDC for chocolate at ah cacao!

Edited: 19 July 2014, 01:28
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,574 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolate in Akumal

If you need to travel, then try Tulum

https:/…

Playa del Carmen...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chocolate in Akumal

Hi

In case it is more convenient than Playa del Carmen, there are a few places in the Tulum area that sell Ah Cacao chocolate (I don't have exact addresses unfortunately):

Plaza la Fiesta

Artesanias Maya-ha

AllTourNative gift store

Xel-Ha gift store

Regards

http://ahcacao.com

7. Re: Chocolate in Akumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16