We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

Tomelilla, Sweden
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

I'm a little bit confused. We booked for BGP Coba Golden, when I read on either the BGP site or transat, I'm deducing that we should be able to use go to the a la carte restaurants (not the Gourmet ones nor Buffets) in the Akumal and Tulum sections. Is that it?

I keep reading reports in here about people reporting having been to gourmet and buffets in multiple sections on the same trip. Is it that the previous rule is not enforced or that the websites are not up to date? Also can we go to breakfast buffets to other sections?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

1st: When are you going

If before Nov 1, you have access to the Tulum, Coba, and Akumal sections

After Nov 1st, Akumal will be restricted to only their section (and if you booked Sian Kaan)

Top Questions is up to date on this info

From the Akumal Destination Experts

GBP Tips, section differences, Buffets and a-la-Cartes, Akumal Upgrade, repeat perks

1st, you can use all the bars, buffets, pools , alacartes at all the facilities for any resort except for Sian Kaan and a few other private bars. After Nov 1/14, Akumal will be restricted - see the last topic in this section

Tomelilla, Sweden
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

Going there in a few weeks now.

I'm just trying to figure out the differences between what is advertised and the actual facts.

Also Transat has two descriptions for Golden, one for 2013-2014 and the other for 2014-2015. I am guessing the 2014-2015 season start Nov 1 as it removed access to Akumal facilities in the description.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

Trust me please

Travel websites are often wrong

The info I provided (and in TQ) is based on the most recent visitors

Tomelilla, Sweden
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

thanks, it's appreciated.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

For the last 6 years Transat's website has made it seem like you can't go to other sections. We ate and drank all over the place , no problem.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

We have booked Akumel for November and I have been assured by both our travel company and the hotel that we will be able to use Coba and Tülum.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

What I think is going to happen in Movember is that only guests staying in Akumal & Sivan Kaan will be allowed to use the facilities at Akumal. Those staying in Akumal can also use Tulum & Coba.. If you are staying in Coba or Tulum you will not. Be able to use Akumal facilities. However no one really knows what this transformation includes

8. Re: Confused about use of Bahia restaurants across their resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18