We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SK dress code at buffet (lunch)

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SK dress code at buffet (lunch)

Read a forum post recently (can't find it now to link) where a lady said that she had been asked to change before entering the Sian Ka'an buffet at lunch because of the cover up she was wearing. Don't think she mentioned what she was wearing though. Just thought I would check to see what would be acceptable coverups. To go over my swimmies at lunch I have a casual maxi, a couple of shorter dresses, shorts and some t-shirts. Will these be ok? The shorter dresses are strapless and come a couple of inches above my knee. Thanks! Also are men ok in their swim shorts (not Speedos or anything :)) with a t-shirt? Thanks again - 6 days to go!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
995 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: SK dress code at buffet (lunch)

All my cover ups are above the knee and many are strapless and I had no problems. I can only assume that the cover up in question was perhaps see through. Another point is it could have been wet. They don't let you in with wet shorts or cover ups for the obvious reason it wouldn't be very pleasant for the next person using the seat. T-shirts and shorts are fine for men, just not vest tops.

wigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SK dress code at buffet (lunch)

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking it may have been a see through kaftan kind of thing or something. We always dry off before lunch - don't fancy sitting in damp clothes - ewwww! :)

Fareham
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SK dress code at buffet (lunch)

Yeah we've just got back and at lunch you can wear whatever really but we did see some people get turned away for being wet, but that was all.

4. Re: SK dress code at buffet (lunch)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16