We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Grand Palladium right for you?

Boston...
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Grand Palladium right for you?

If you like a big resort that has a ton to offer then yes it is right for you.

If you want a true 5 star hotel than NO it is not right for you.

If you like quaint it is not right for you.

If you like to walk or jog or are generally an active person than yes it is right for you.

If you are like some friends of our that HATE to walk anywhere you should stay away from this place. Yes you can take a cart or a train to a bunch of different spots but there is still plenty of walking involved if you want to enjoy this place.

If you want great bang for your buck the GP is right for you.

If the attitude of the staff in important to you, the GP is right for you. I cannot say enough about the staff at this place. They were great.

If your looking for that "spring break" attitude this is not the place for you. It is not party central. It is lively but in a more refined sort of way. This was true even when the world cup was on. There were tons of people watching and cheering but no fights or attitudes.

If your looking for a singles place this is not the resort for you. We met some people that thought the adults only section would be a great place to meet single ladies. Not so much. It is mostly couples and honeymooners. In fact we saw very few singles while there for 2 weeks.

In conclusion no resort is perfect for everyone and this resort is no different. It was right for me and my best girl and we will be taking our adult children there next year because we think it is right for them too.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,321 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Grand Palladium right for you?

That is very nice to hear Mag. I will say that I have gone as a couple, as a family and since being widowed as a single. I have met enough wonderful people over the years to always meet a friend when I return. When I have had an occasional evening o my own I was always invited to dine with new people in El Jardin so it was fun.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Grand Palladium right for you?

Lots of singles at the other parts of Palladium - in the Riviera lobby the live music party is going on till 1 am and it is just less than 5 min walk from the restaurant El Jardin - along the marble walkway around the corner. Then there is a disco - the entrance is just along the same walkway! There are also other places around the other parts of Palladium complex where single people can meet - they even have a single only bar next to Hemingway bar in Kantenah lobby. But at the Royal part itself most people are couples, this is the most expensive part of the Palladium complex and when you stay single, you have to pay a single supplement so that given an incentive for the single people stay at the other parts of GP.

3. Re: Is the Grand Palladium right for you?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16