We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Question

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newjersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Question

We are getting ready for our first visit to Grand Palladium was wondering if anybody could let me know if my 12 year old son will have to wear pants to dinner? Also any tips or info on this resort from recent visitors is greatly appreciated! Thank You

new york
Level Contributor
393 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Question

Yes he should have long pants just in case we saw many people be turned away but not sure about 12 yr. olds. Better safe than sorry. My kids did the Xplorer excursion with zip lines and loved it. Adelita Mexican was very good- enjoyed by our kids. Do the peddle boats at the aqua center. Bring drivers license and room key to check out boat .Shows at Colonial start at 9:00. Rivieria at 10:15. Lame but kids probably will like. Bring bug spray for night.Go to Salt water pool at night to look for hermit crabs. Bring little flashlights for along Las Rocas Pool (salt water pool)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
66 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Question

We are here now and my 12yr hasn't worn long pants to an ala carte and there hasn't been an issue.

newjersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Question

Thank you for the info! Enjoy the rest of your vacation

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Question

You should bring some long pants as the age in the brochure says 12 and up.

I'll send you a newbie tips sheet.

Have fun.

newjersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Question

Thank you!!

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Question

I think they base long pants on the size of the child rather than age.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium Question

I'm here now and and my son is 12 and he's been fine with smart shorts and a shirt 😄

Ohio
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Question

We were there in June and had an 11 year old with us. He is very tall and looks older. He was required to wear long pants. Take them just in case.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
376 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Question

We just returned and loved most a la cartes. Our son did not wear pants. The dress code is very unfair. I now see what people mean. Women and kids dress in short shorts and pool attire while men have to wear pants. Not that I would but a lot of men wore jeans and t shirts. The hotel should know that dress shorts and shirts would be more presentable. I plan to post our trip thoughts soon but we loved it.

newjersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Question

Thanks so much for the info. We leave Saturday :) I'm excited and nervous reviews have been so mixed lately...