We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

Hi im just wondering if there are any cenotes in the area that I could possibly take my almost 2 year old? I know it probably sounds crazy but we would carry her at all times and I would be ok with not doing the really cool stuff that becomes to dangerous for her.... I would like to be able to atleast take pics of my husband (or we can take turns). Obviously my daughters well being is most important but at the same time, I think the cenotes is something that my husband and I would luv to do if we could find one that we could take her too... any help?

Thanks in advance!

btw - staying at Gran Bahia Principe Coba if that helps!!!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

Perhaps Gran Cenote - those with a dock

There are a few opposite Barcelo that are easy to walk in and easy to access

Cenote Cristal / Azul

Here was a kid friendly cenote post from last month

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150813-i155-k75269…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

Hi VSD, thanks again for the advice!

I have reviewed the Gran Cenote and I think that will be great for our family. Do you think we can come and go on our own via colectivo. If so how do we get there and how much do you think the colectivo will cost us.

Since we have the little one we would like to only go for a couple of hours at max.

Thanks for all your advise as always.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
256 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

So which cenotes have the warmest water?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

that's a very good question (something I probably shoulda thought of myself!!!). I have heard many are very cold....

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

the water is basically the water table , exposed , at different places and ways . Water temperatures will be very consistent but the "feel" can vary with sun and shade when snorkeling .

Rini , the grand is a great choice but requires a cab ride from Tulum Pueblo after a colectivo from Akumal and an arranged pick up . Each cab ride might cost 100 pesos and the entry is the same . The Gran is a large depression that will offer shade in different places as the day goes on .

It combines with a Tulum beach trip or the ruins or both or an easy walk in the Tulum Pueblo for some shopping or lunch . Very easy

Depending on where you are staying the other cenotes that Sundog mentions may be easier and are colectivo friendly with natural shade . All are inexpensive and cabs may be good options depending on where you stay .

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

Yal-Ku Lagoon (part cenote meets ocean) will be the warmest

Ocean warms it up

GTA
Level Contributor
478 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

Less busy options would include the cluster of Cenotes across the highway from the Barcelo Maya resort. Lots of options there, something like 4 or 5 places, some with multiple cenotes.

I visited Chikin Ha there which had three cenotes.Saw some great stuff with young families enjoying the cenotes. Kantun Chi rates very well and Cristillano is often recommended as well. Probably each of the options has their own merit.

unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/forum/index.php…

playavac.com/recommended-cenotes-near-playa-…

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150812-d45…

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g153510-d18…

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150805-d15…

Edited: 12 August 2014, 16:21
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

Thanks so much KW!!! So many options.... I guess that's a good thing!

9. Re: Cenotes that are toddler friendly???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16