We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

has any one stayed at this condo? pics look great. we stayed at paamul last feb. had a great time wanting to see other places. wife loves chilling son and I love snorkeling and exploring son is going to get open water certification this year.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

We stay in the neighbourhood often and so I like your general plan . There are food options at restaurants and corner stores and the village across the highway as well as some daily delivered food aimed at condo staff but available to all while supplies last or for sure by arrangement .

La Sirena's protected courtyard pool and open ocean seating seem really nice and there is great snorkeling just off your shoreline .

The only small detraction relative to other condo options is the increased distance from the main commercial area by the arch . If you rent a car the point is very , very minor . On foot it can be more of an issue but lots of people do it on a low speed partly dirt road . I met a young man also getting his open water ticket who was cycling down to the dive shop for sessions on his own some days .

I love Paamul but you have more options in the larger scope of Akumal both for snorkeling and dining and food .

We only snorkel but we have met many fans of all three dive shops and so you can pick one at will I'd say .

Enjoy your research and trip .

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

Thanks for the reply juanrojo. We do canada transfers from airport, stop in playa for supplys. last year we only ate out a couple times in playa at food carts we are fairly simple people, mostly eat in condo. We will rent bikes or walk to burn off what we eat. We have snorkeled in akumal for last 8 yrs but never stayed there. we used to stay at catalonia royal tulum beach resort all inclusive. but last year tried condo, hotel thing we really enjoy it and alot cheaper for 3 people.Putting check in mail this morning for la sirena condo #10 looks beautiful. Thanks for the reply

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,804 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

Great choice

I toured the condo complex last November. Very nice

They have a new loncheria at Half Moon Bay and you can pre order or try their bbq chicken and pork

Los 3 Acapulquenas

fort worth
Level Contributor
866 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

The ones I have seen and the property in general are very nice.

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

So far looks like I made a good choice, not going till Feb but half the fun is reviewing and anticipating.

Montana
Level Contributor
324 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

We have stayed several years at La Iguana condos, right next door. When we first started going there, they were managed by the same property management company, so shared pools and grounds. They have since gone their separate ways, but I believe Hector is still the gentleman in the office who you will deal with. We rented bikes for about $6 per person per day, and it made the daily journey into town go by much more quickly. (We have forgone the bikes on previous trips, but I would highly recommend them.) The last time we were there, we met up with a couple who were staying in La Sirena, and got to check out their unit. The WIFI and satellite seemed up to snuff ("W" was a sports fanatic and always had to be connected, lol) and they had a great balcony (not sure what number they were in). The 'beach' out front has a retaining wall to keep the sand in place, but there are plenty of loungers. The entry into Half Moon Bay is directly out front, but it's very shallow...get horizontal as soon as you can. There really isn't any place to swim if you're not snorkeling, but I suppose that's what the pool is for! Hopefully they have finished most of the road reconstruction...it was very loud last time we were there...

Haslett, Michigan
Level Contributor
188 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

We stayed in Sirena No. 10 in July for eight nights. The photos and description are very accurate. It is a very nice condo with a fantastic view. Aileen, the owner, is wonderful to work with and does everything she can to make your stay great. We used Canada Transfers also and stopped in Puerto Aventuras for groceries and it was well worth it. There are two small markets in Akumal that have basic items and there is a vegetable/fruit vendor that is there on Wednesday and Friday that has fantastic fruit and a great variety. The condo kitchen is equipped with anything you could possibly want. We rented a golf cart for a week and that worked out well. The snorkeling is good, although the reef has been badly damaged since we were last there many years ago. After seeing a family of four idiots drag their kayaks across the reef, it is not hard to understand the damage. We did see two eagle rays from the condo deck. I did a more complete review of the condo if you are interested.

8. Re: anyone stayed at la sirena condo half moon bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:16