We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

Ontario
Level Contributor
105 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

We have booked the Colonial for the beginning of December. Have they started refurbishing the rooms yet and are they on schedule?

I understand the renovations were supposed to begin on June 30 and be finished the last week in November.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

Yes they are started and they are on schedule. I heard from Sergio in Spain recently. Will monitor.

Ontario
Level Contributor
105 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

Thank you. I would appreciate any updates. We will be celebrating my sister's upcoming retirement and I want to make sure our rooms are refurbished and have a nice view. This will be our 6th trip to a Grand Palladium. We stayed at the White Sands when it first opened and I am looking forward to seeing how the landscaping has filled in.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

Everything is very lush..Any views from Colonial will likely be jungle. There used to be a view from the top floors of some Colonial suites in 20 & 21 and some WS rooms in 58 & 59 but the jungle has grown and now pretty much obstructs those views.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

I am following this also, although I'm not going until end of February so expect they should be done by then bu would love to know the details and see pictures!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
191 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

I am traveling Oct 5-12, do you think it's possible to request one of the renovated rooms?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,002 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

Why not

Email them 7-10 days prior to arriving

Emails listed over in Top Questions

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

It doesn't het to ask.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

Going to the Colonial section of the Palladium Resort Dec 6 -13. We have booked for a Junior Suite at the Colonial. Does anyone know if Villas 20 or 21 will be completed by then...I have seen some reviews iindicating these units are being totally gutted. I was planning to request a Junior Suite in one of these two units.Any information would be helpful.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
258 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

I would sure love the same information as we're arriving Saturday and requested our Jr Suites to be in 20/21.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial renovations update

I just sent a message to the hotel Will let you know.

Edited: 17 November 2014, 20:31