We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

Going to GBP Coba via WestJet Vacations for the first time in September, can anyone advise as to how long a trip the transfeer from the airport to resort is. I am wondering if it would be worth it to book a private transfer versus the one provided with the vacation package.

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

Private transfer should take about an hour, no idea about the one provided.

Thorold
Level Contributor
785 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k6931…

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
755 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

We book private transfers so we get there between hour to 90-mins from clearing the CUN, book in and get drinks in our mitts and our butts on the beach waiting for the room. Have heard the shared buses can take upto 3-hours for the resorts furthest away from CUN, such as GBP. The private transfer is worth it to us.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

It can take any where from an hour to an hour and a half. It really depends on the driver and how fast he's driving. We used Canada Transfers and they were wonderful. Check out the topics on the right side of this page for more info (Top questions).

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
358 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

Our trip to Coba took 1 hr 45mins from the airport with the provided transportation included with the package. We stopped to drop off a few people at a few resorts which slowed us down as Coba was pretty much the last resort.

On the plus side it gave us an opportunity to view the other resorts entrances.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

Last time I took an included transfer to the Palladium which is north of your resort it took 2 1/2 hours.I never use included transfer. I have used AGI Tours for 11 years.Private is the only way to go.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
755 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

The other thing about taking private transfer and getting to the resort ahead of the bus load is quicker check-in because you aren't arriving there with your fellow travelers on the bus.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

We took a taxi transfer and got to the GBP in an hour.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

WestJet is great and use Best Day for transfers. Small vans that hold 10 people. They were sorting the vans depending on where you were going and we had only 2 stops from the airport.

Excursions are a different matter, as a whole pile of pick ups and stops coming and going if booked through the hotel!

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Trasfer time GBP Coba?

Arriving from Gatwick, UK, we booked a private transfer with Canada Transfers and were very glad we did, they were excellent, no hanging around at the airport straight to the hotel.