We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the Gran Bahia Principe Coba have a night life?

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Does the Gran Bahia Principe Coba have a night life?

HI,

My sister and I recently booked to stay at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba. I read the reviews before I booked and read great reviews about the hotel. When I was reading the reviews more in detail I noticed that many people said that it is not a place for young singles. I am 23 and my sister is 26 - I am not looking for a spring break resort but I was wondering if it does have any kind of night life.

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
14,368 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Hacienda Coba
Hacienda Coba
#1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Coba
Hotel Sac-Be
Hotel Sac-Be
#2 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Coba
Lol-Ha Hotel
Lol-Ha Hotel
#3 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Coba
Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the Gran Bahia Principe Coba have a night life?

The night life that you are looking for will be at the Hacienda which is located at the entrance to the resort. There is a disco there at night as well as some shops and other amenities. Hope you enjoy your stay at Coba, but do realize it is a short shuttle ride down to the beach at Akumal which is nothing great it you really want to swim in the ocean, but from what we saw there are alot of pools at Coba to swim in. Enjoy!!!

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Calgary
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the Gran Bahia Principe Coba have a night life?

Hi!

We (ages 33/35) just returned from Coba and yes, there is a night life at the Hacienda as the previous post says. The disco doesn't open until 10:30 - and if you do go and no one is there - don't worry, it gets busier later on. The Music Bar beside the Coba lobby is a great place to have a drink beforehand and wait until the disco is open and there is a great 3 piece band. It was super easy to meet people at this resort. We even had a group of friends (who we had just met there) - with one outgoing guy, who introduced himself to a couple sitting by themselves who "looked lonely"! Made more friends!

Have fun!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the Gran Bahia Principe Coba have a night life?

Nightlife....one disco. That's it. I would definitely look elsewhere for real party action. Cancun, Playa del Carmen are good bets but not easy to access if you are at GBP.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
4. Re: Does the Gran Bahia Principe Coba have a night life?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 07:18