We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach with no local vendor?

Blue Island...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Beach with no local vendor?

Hi,

We will be here in approx 2 weeks and I'm wondering where DH and I can go, without being bothered by local vendors. We were in Tulum last year and as we were eating lunch, were constantly bothered even after a polite, "No thanks".

Any info would be appreciated,

TIA,

Amanda

Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach with no local vendor?

Maya Chan Beach

www.costamayabeachresort.com

We just returned from Costa Maya. We were recommended this as a beach stop from another cruiser contact. It is a private beach with no vendors. They are a day use all inclusive beach, the price includes transfers to and from the beach, all food, drinks, chairs and activities. The service was excellent, the food was excellent, and the beach was clean. It's about a 30 minute taxi ride.

We have been to many ports, beaches and excursions, and this stop is my favorite to date.

Edited: 06 January 2011, 04:18
British Columbia
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach with no local vendor?

Maya Chan is lovely and a favorite stop for us as well.

On the Malecon in town is the National Beach Club and we have not had a problem as their lunch is served on the deck by the plunge pool or inside and their beach club is monitored, the odd person comes along, but nothing like Playa or Tulum. No comparison at all, along the entire beach of Mahahual. You will be offered to visit shops and stalls as you wander the Malecon, but not once you are relaxing in your choice of spots. Try to wander a bit more past the beginning of Mahahual, more to the South end of the Malecon is a bit quieter as many of the Cruisers do not (lucky for you) come into the Pueblo to enjoy the beauty and great food and beach.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
227 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach with no local vendor?

Thank you! About how much is a taxi to Maya Chan Beach? Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
227 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach with no local vendor?

Or I guess how much is the day fee including taxi?

Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach with no local vendor?

Price is $42, $46, $49 plus $ 10.00 transport per person, depending on your size of group. All info is posted on their web page

6. Re: Beach with no local vendor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 02:15