We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chacchoben Maya Ruins Tour, The Native Choice, Great Tour!

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 post
Save Topic
Chacchoben Maya Ruins Tour, The Native Choice, Great Tour!

I just got back from a Princess Cruise that stopped in Costa Maya. I booked a tour of the Chacchoben Maya ruins with a company called "The Native Choice" (http://www.thenativechoice.com/). I had to scramble to book this tour, due to our ship leaving Houston late due to fog. Costa Maya was not on our original itinerary, but as we were leaving Houston, Princess decided to cancel our trip to Roatan and add a stop in Costa Maya. I used the ship's internet service to book this trip.

Everything about this company is first class. The communication was very good, and they provided instructions on how to meet up with them once we got to port. There office is outside of the port area, but they let you know where they are and how far it is to get there. We walked and it took about 15 minutes to get there.

We were greeted by Erick, our tour guide. He spoke very good English and he took care of us as we registered and waited for other people going on the same tour. Cold water was also offered as we waited.

The van were were transported in was very clean and comfortable. As we drove, Erick gave us the history of the area. It was about a 50 minute drive to the ruins. Erick was not driving, but he sat facing us, and was able to focus on asking questions and talking.

Erick is Mayan, and was able to give a very good history of his people. Once we reached the ruins, he took us around and explained what we were looking at. It started raining as we were on the tour, but never fail, the van driver was right behind us with umbrellas to keep us dry. We spent about two hours at the site.

On the drive back, Erick answered any questions we had. He had the driver drive us through the town so we could see what the town looked like before dropping us off outside the pier to return to our ship.

I would highly recommend Erick and The Native Choice to anyone wanting a good experience while visiting Costa Maya.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Maya
Costa Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
The Native Choice Tours
The Native Choice Tours
2,211 Reviews
Mahahual, Mexico
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
1. Re: Chacchoben Maya Ruins Tour, The Native Choice, Great Tour!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:18